• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

TVM

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lonegun1894

54 Cal.
Reaction score
Some time ago, I bought a kit for a .32 FL and just did not have the skill to actually build it, so off it went to TVM. I know many of you here have dealt with Toni and Matt and wont be surprized, but this was a first for me. All I can say is that i was very pleasantly surprized when I opened the package I received from them today. First off, all I have to compare this rifle to is a couple CVAs and a couple Lymans. I like them all, but when I put them side by side, it was unbelievable how much difference there is. They all shoot well, but the feel is very noticeably different. I can not wait to shoot this rifle, but it will have to wait until next week. Matt and Toni definitely did a great job on this rifle.

And I know someone is going to ask for pictures, but I dont know how to post them. If anyone can run me through the process or doesnt mind me sending them, please let me know.

The rifle is a full stock .32 with a 42 inch barrel, and trimmed in german silver, without a patchbox.

1) Get a Photobucket. com account (free) and upload from your computer

2) copy the URL for each photo from the account (will "drop down" as you hover your mouse over each photo in your album)

3) on response page for MLforum, click on the little blue button with the icon of a mountain and sun (in a row just above the left corner of the text field.

4) paste photo's URL in the text box.

5) add post.

Can't wait to see your pics.

tnlonghunter said:
1) Get a Photobucket. com account (free) and upload from your computer

2) copy the URL for each photo from the account (will "drop down" as you hover your mouse over each photo in your album)

3) on response page for MLforum, click on the little blue button with the icon of a mountain and sun (in a row just above the left corner of the text field.

4) paste photo's URL in the text box.

5) add post.

Can't wait to see your pics.

Actually steps 3 & 4 are not necessary...there are 4 choices of how to access a photobucket picture...when the drop-down appears under the photo you want, simply copy the choice that has
tags on either end and paste it into the post here on the MLF.

Im sure you will be very happy with any dealings with TVM. I have a rifle and two pistols made by them and thay all are better than I hoped for. I went to Matt to get a Tennessee rifle, he talked to me about what I was using the rifle for and made susgestions on the rifle long story / short I got a Virginia with a 36" Half round barrel with a sling. The rifle is light handy shoots like a dream. Very good people I will be back, need a fowler.

Very good folks! Can't wait till I get my virginia! I guess I'm going to have to be content with looking at pics until then. I need to decide on how to get it finish anyway.

I called Toni about a big bore flint left hand and she had one in stock got it last week lapped the Long Hammok barrel(lands were very sharp) but the barrel it's self was nicly cut.
I tuned the lock bedded the barrel and plan on shooting her in this week.
It's a early Virginan, very nice and I diden't have waite a year for it.
:bow:

I have a Early Virginia TVM with the Longhammock barrel. Rifle is very accurate, much better than I am. The barrel shot well from the start. You will be very happy :grin: with the rifle.Have fun.

Why you lucked out on that one! What caliber did you get? I'm getting a .58. I should get mine by Aug. but I hope it'll be here sooner. I am hoping to take it on a mulie hunt in sept. Let us know how yours shoots and some pics wouldn't hurt either. Dew

Greenmtnboy said:
I called Toni about a big bore flint left hand and she had one in stock got it last week lapped the Long Hammok barrel(lands were very sharp) but the barrel it's self was nicly cut.

Whats the bore Gman?

What barrel did you get? I have the 36" half round .54.A great woods gun.

Swampy said:
Greenmtnboy said:

Whats the bore Gman?

It's a 50 cal,
which is what I wanted.
Big enough for elk but small enough not to bankrupt me or deplete my lead supplies.
I have shot 54 for off hand comps and it's just a little big for offhand training and it uses a lot more lead than I want to throw away down range.
I got the flinter for hunting and AMM trekkiing and flint comps.
I have a 45 Tennessee po boy flint also from TVM but I can't hunt with a 45 cal RB here in CO.
They say it's to small but we all know better.
Will post pics once the snow stops and I can get out to do some sighting in and pic taking.
:thumbsup:

rr11 said:
I have a Early Virginia TVM with the Longhammock barrel. Rifle is very accurate, much better than I am. The barrel shot well from the start. You will be very happy :grin: with the rifle.Have fun.

I shoot mostly Greenmtnbarrels, this will be my first Longhammock experance.
It's got six grooves and lands and I checked the groove depth and it's right at .012. Which makes me happy because I find deep grooves gives me better accuracy with a thick patch.
What did you end up using as a patch thickness and ball diameter?
:hmm:

I just ordered the early Va in .50 cal, 42 inches. I'm very excited but have to wait awhile til she's done...as soon as I get her I'll def post pics and also let you know how she shoots.

LR

I use the .530 ball with the TOW ticking patches, mink grease lube. Have taken 2 deer a year with the rifle. Very happy :grin:

LRshooter said:
I just ordered the early Va in .50 cal, 42 inches. I'm very excited but have to wait awhile til she's done...as soon as I get her I'll def post pics and also let you know how she shoots.

LR

You're going to like that rifle! Matt built one for me, .50 x 42", a few years ago. The accuracy is amazing, and with super P+++ maple stock, It is beautiful. You made a good decision.

Does TVM use Chambers' White Lightnin' Vent Liners on all their rifles?

I have heard that they really work wonders for ignition speed, regardless of the lock.

The guns they list/describe on their site represents the basic default gun. However, when you have Matt build you a gun, it will be built the way you want and with parts you want. You can specify almost anything, within reason. That's why they are custom guns. Go for it.

TVM did my Chambers York kit, I am still impressed, that rifle turned out way better then I thought it would.
5.jpg

4.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

1.jpg

Latest posts

Back