• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

TVM Rifle Question

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My early Virginia rifle should be delivered later in this month. I placed the order last July. I emailed them asking about delivery about a month ago and the lady said they were running a behind. About a month and a half longer than she had first projected the delivery date. Hope I don't die before the thing gets here. I would like to shoot it.

"I have a .62 rifled fowler (it is their fowler model with a rifled barrel and sights)"

Is this a special order gun or did you send it off to be rifled?

i just received my TVM Tennessee Poor Boy, fried it three or four times and now it wont lock back into the full locked position. i think it might be a trigger messing with the sear bar sort of a thing, but not something I'd like to deal with right away, especially for the cost and a 9 month wait. however,its fun to shoot and she look great. as long as it's not too much of a pain to sort this (what i believe to be) trigger/sear problem out, I'd be willing to wait another 9 month for another. IMG_7867.JPG IMG_7870.JPG IMG_7868.JPG IMG_7869.jpg

Read the post on cocking lever not set in that thread and I think you can solve the problem.

Its way too easy to over tighten the tang to trigger plate bolt and raise the lever to interfere with the sear.

"I have a .62 rifled fowler (it is their fowler model with a rifled barrel and sights)"

Is this a special order gun or did you send it off to be rifled?

I ordered it from TVM with the rifled barrel. Matt and co. will make up what you want/need. I ordered the length, pull, cast, and drop that I wanted and it came out perfectly. It is light light a fowler and hits like a mack truck. The recoil is manageable due to the shape of the stock and correct fit.

Read the post on cocking lever not set in that thread and I think you can solve the problem.

Its way too easy to over tighten the tang to trigger plate bolt and raise the lever to interfere with the sear.
indeed i have, this forum seems to be a well of knowledge. thanks everyone for the help.

i just received my TVM Tennessee Poor Boy, fried it three or four times and now it wont lock back into the full locked position. i think it might be a trigger messing with the sear bar sort of a thing, but not something I'd like to deal with right away, especially for the cost and a 9 month wait. however,its fun to shoot and she look great. as long as it's not too much of a pain to sort this (what i believe to be) trigger/sear problem out, I'd be willing to wait another 9 month for another.View attachment 8191 View attachment 8192 View attachment 8194 View attachment 8195

Is that bluing on that gun? Does not look like browning to me...

My early Virginia percussion .36 cal, 36'barrel, iron furniture and plain maple stock arrived day before yesterday. It looks just like 0311's rifle but for being a lefty and percussion. I guess their browning is dark as mine is too. Hope to shoot it real soon now. So far I'm happy with it but I haven't shot it yet.

i just received my TVM Tennessee Poor Boy, fried it three or four times and now it wont lock back into the full locked position. i think it might be a trigger messing with the sear bar sort of a thing, but not something I'd like to deal with right away, especially for the cost and a 9 month wait. however,its fun to shoot and she look great. as long as it's not too much of a pain to sort this (what i believe to be) trigger/sear problem out, I'd be willing to wait another 9 month for another.View attachment 8191 View attachment 8192 View attachment 8194 View attachment 8195

What grade maple did you order?

Smokey, I ordered the plain maple. I'm not really big on how beautiful a rifle is. Don't care for the shiny on them. Mine's about as plain jane as one could get but that is what I wanted in this rifle. A workman's gun.

Is that bluing on that gun? Does not look like browning to me...
i believe its blued as browning is an older method... to be honest I'm not sure, and i went with the premium super curly Maple (the highest up grade). i love the tiger stripe look, maybe should have went with a lighter stain in hind sight though... looks better in person.

Last edited:
Man... a .62 rifled!! That's a top buffler or oinker gun if there was!! Talk about thumping factor and knock down power!!
I have a .62 rifle by Joe Schell. Recoil isn't bad with 85gr. use a .595 ball with a thick patch to fill the deep grooves in the Hoyt swamped barrel. I could go bigger, but it loads easy that way, seals well, and doesn't blow the patches. I guess you could call it a .60cal.
I believe Colerain makes an O/R rifled barrel.

Latest posts

Back