• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Traditions 54 cal rifle made in spain

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Joe Roof

32 Cal
Reaction score
I recently purchased a traditions rifle that was made in spain. What would the thread size be on the drum where it threads into the barrel?

What are you trying to do?

I believe Traditions voids the rifle's warranty if the drum is removed.

The drum is threaded through the breech plug. The drum is drilled through to the flash channel. The design was a way to strengthen the breech to drum. If the drum is removed, it can be quite problem to realign the drum to the breech. I also don't think there are replacement drums or flint touch hole inserts being sold. Refer to the voiding of the warranty.

As others have said, the drum is cross threaded through the barrel wall into the breech plug. then the drum is bored open by a deep hole drill from the muzzle. Difficult to get it realigned properly after removal. Hopefully you don't really want to know the thread size. Removing the drum and replacing with a stub weakens the breech system.

If you need a new drum Dixie Gun Works had CVA drums a few (3-4) years ago. The threads should be the same.

10mm x 1.25 is true.
We ask why because of the Spanish breech systems unique method of cross-drill and indexing during installation.
Each rifle does have a specific install of it's breech.
What are you trying to do? We can help if your more specific.

Latest posts

Back