• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Who the heck made this Hawken rifle?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yep. Wouldn't be surprised if the parent company in Spain is still jukar or ardessa. CVA and traditions are just the US importer name for the company.
Actually, I believe dikar, the maker of cva, Actually bought the brand out some years ago. I'd have to find the podcast discussing that area.

I feel really stupid.
For some reason I assumed Odessa was a place in Spain. lol
In black power shooting there is so much to learn and no one is born an expert, though some might think they were. : ) Please use caution as it is very habit forming and can become an addiction before you know it.
I have had several people with great patience help me along the way. Welcome to this forum, there is a wealth of information in these posts and many people happy to share their knowledge.
Welcome.

I'm always amazed back then these foreign companies didn't try to copy a Hawken rifle, but rather put all of their design energies into copying a Thompson Center Hawken. I guess for marketing purposes.

I'm always amazed back then these foreign companies didn't try to copy a Hawken rifle, but rather put all of their design energies into copying a Thompson Center Hawken. I guess for marketing purposes.
That looks nothing like a tc hawken.
20230324.jpg

That looks nothing like a tc hawken.
View attachment 284750
Well, it does have an octagon barrel, a percussion lock, a walnut stock and a crescent butt plate. That, however, is where the similarity pretty much ends. This gun has iron furniture (TCs were brass), double barrel pins (TCs had one), fixed rear sight (TCs were adjustable and horrible looking), and a German silver blade front sight (TCs were a blob of a bead sight). Otherwise, yeah, just a copy of a TC Hawken. :doh:

I feel really stupid.
For some reason I assumed Odessa was a place in Spain. lol
I did too. I had known of Ardessa but in my advanced years ( getting better and better at playing "The old guy card") I confused the two names. Google is the old guys friend! Odessa is in Ukraine and seems to be spelled Odesa. However, Google also brings up multiple links with it spelled Odessa.

Ok awesome!!! You got one hell of a rifle there! That big 58cal is a machine. I'm not 100% sure if the 58s had a 1:72 twist or the typical 1:66 twist like my 54cal has.

It's a keeper!
had I been able to find a .58, you wouldn't have that .54!:D I always like pairs
Ardessa's are fine rifles.

Thanks everyone for the information. I have some Hornady .570 round balls and some 0.015 lubed patches.
If I can procure some powder tomorrow I'll be set to get started.

I watched a Johnny Carson segment when I was doing things I ought not have been doing back in high school. I was AMAZED later when I learned spaghetti did NOT grow on trees! It was super super realistic and VERY well done. Good stuff back in those days.

Nope, Spaghetti is a Tree grown Food source, and heres the evidence.

Filmed as it happened !

Latest posts

Back