• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

traditions .50 cal kentucky kit

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brian Heap

40 Cal.
Reaction score
I was wondering if a guy can buy a one piece stock somewhere for this rifle, to make it better looking and realistic for a rondy?

The stock is usually the costliest part of a gun. Cutting one from a blank yourself is the least expensive option.

Nope, nobody has made a replacement stock that accepts the Spanish made two piece Kentucky rifles components as "drop-in".
The cost of making the stock then duplicating it for mass sale isn't profitable,, if it was, somebody would be doing it.

You can also join the stock with a suitable piece of wood that will replace the ugly brass spacer. Then your able to sand and shape the forend accordingly. Did this for a family member and it turned out great.

It really doesn't look that bad after you get used to it. I would never put one in on purpose but it is what it is. It was a inexpensive made gun for new(to BP) shooters wanting to get into the ML sport.

I took mine and did away with the front half ,moved the nose cap back ,reworked the stock to fit into the nose cap,,soldered the nose cap to the barrel and all I have left is to make come new Thimbles and attach them and go shooting.Makes the barrel look long,,might cut it down for my Grandson..

You could also try to add a piece of leather or rawhide over the Brass spacer to make it look like a "field repair" of a broken stock.

Mooman76 said:
It really doesn't look that bad after you get used to it. I would never put one in on purpose but it is what it is. It was a inexpensive made gun for new(to BP) shooters wanting to get into the ML sport.

Yes I'm very much aware these kits are inexpensive, I've worked plenty of them and they also can be turned into very nice rifles if a little work is put into the build. That's why I mentioned joining the stock, just one of many little custom add-ons one can do to furthermore enhance the appeal and quality of the kit. :thumbsup:

i like the two piece stock. when i get ready to clean i just remove the tang screw and the lock and slide it right apart, it makes for easy cleaning in a bucket. i have had mine apart after every shoot, and i know i have run close to 3 or 4 hundred rounds through it if not more. just did it last night after getting my wife her first buck of the season, a nice 8 point.

Back