• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Traditions .32 cal. crockett rifle

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A couple years ago, I shot one thru the lungs and blew the offside lung halfway out of it's chest. This was with a hard cast 260 grain bullet going just under 1800 fps out of a CVA single shot in .444 Marlin. He went 150 yards before piling up. Range was around 15-20 yards. This was one of those not-so-wimpy Idaho Palouse coyotes. That thing was unbelievably tough. I'm sure you could kill one with the .32 but I'd rather shoot the next one with a varmint load out of a .223 or .243. I have a Crockett and it is one very accurate rifle.

I just picked up a Crockett .32 and I have a question. Where can someone get a nipple wrench that will fit in the small recess to get the nipple out. I have at least three wrenches and they are all to big. I called Muzzleloader.com from where I bought the rifle and they were no help. It is a great looking rifle and I can't wait to shoot it. Any advise?

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks. I did a search, instructed by the smart one in family, my wife and found one on Ebay made just for the rifle. Ahh the marvel of modern women.....I may just have to keep her another 30 yrs....

wyflint said:
Thanks. I did a search, instructed by the smart one in family, my wife and found one on Ebay made just for the rifle. Ahh the marvel of modern women.....I may just have to keep her another 30 yrs....
:thumbsup: Hats off to another keeper :hatsoff:

Latest posts

Back