• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Crockett nipple wrench

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi everyone I just recently purchased a traditions crockett rifle and I noticed the area between the nipple and the space arou.d it is very thin. And my regular nipple wrench won't go on my nipple cause the side wall is too thick. Does anyone know if I have to have a certain wrench to fit the crockett or another way of getting to it easily?

Hi everyone I just recently purchased a traditions crockett rifle and I noticed the area between the nipple and the space arou.d it is very thin. And my regular nipple wrench won't go on my nipple cause the side wall is too thick. Does anyone know if I have to have a certain wrench to fit the crockett or another way of getting to it easily?
I had a friend with a metal lathe make one for me. I know exactly what you are talking about. There isn’t much room there.

take the hammer off to give you room, small cresent wrench on end to get on nipple. might need some kroil penatrate to soak for a while, little heat will let it lossen.clean threads with small wire brush or old tooth brush also clean bolster threads. use some felpro c5a antiseise before installing. good luck.

This small ignition wrench works very well when used in conjunction with Track Of The Wolf nipples. Use the 13/64 open end.
TOTW nipples only cost about $6.00 so if you order from them, it would behoove you to order 2 or 3.

The factory nipple is tapered and too small for number 11 percussion caps and needs to be replaced anyway. Caps fall off way too easy.

The 13/64 open end wrench did not work with the factory nipple but works very well with replacement nipples.

I could not find a specific listing for a nipple wrench for the Crockett rifle on TOTW website so I took a chance and ordered one that I thought would work. It didn’t do so and I’m happy with the ignition wrench. I carry two of those small wrenches with me. Even a cheap one will work fine.

Attachments

• IMG_1971.png
    IMG_1971.png
    3 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Back