• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Muzzleloading Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

WANTED Tow

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Where can I get tow!
I tried Track, Log Cabin Shop, even Amazon and EBay.
Unless it’s called something else, I cannot find any.
I did find raw sheep sheeting’s or wool. But that is pretty pricey.
Any ideas?

I have a nice big hank of tow I'll sell you !! Good for several years of barrel cleaning. After the tow gets used over and over and gets really black with fouling, keep it dry and use it as tinder for firestarting. How about $12 shipped. (I pay the shipping). I can do paypal. PM me if interested.
Ohio Rusty ><>

Attachments

• tow.JPG
    tow.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
I have a nice big hank of tow I'll sell you !! Good for several years of barrel cleaning. After the tow gets used over and over and gets really black with fouling, keep it dry and use it as tinder for firestarting. How about $12 shipped. (I pay the shipping). I can do paypal. PM me if interested.
Ohio Rusty ><>

Ohio Rusty ><>
I have seen Mike Belliview use it for wadding. Does it catch on fire upon firing?

I have seen Mike Belliview use it for wadding. Does it catch on fire upon firing?
Good question. I mainly use it for cleaning my Pedersoli Bess and an original Damascus English double. Cleans better than patches with a jag. I'd guess it is flammable as I have used some in fire starting contests. It worked, but I did not win.

If you want it for just wadding, jute tow works good. If used dry, it will smolder so I usually spit on it before loading.

Tow and/or grease patches can start fires. At Little Butt Mountain Men rendezvous they lost the use of the property shortly after a tow caused fire. At the shooters meeting everyone was told not to use any. But some just don’t care. On a range it may be acceptable but definitely not on a trail walk.

It can but I rub the powder facing side with my TOTW Mink oil patch lube. Lubing it also keeps fouling to a minimum. I have not had that burn or smolder. I pick all of the left over tow downrange for reuse as a wad again or for cleaning with a tow worm. Can be rinsed and reused for sure.
Mwal

Back