• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Thompson Center Sight Interchangability

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I believe that T/C changed some sight manufacturing specs over the years so there will not be a simple yes/no answer to this question. Front sights should be interchangable, but, I suspect you are thinking more about rear sights. Remember that Renegades have 1" barrels and Hawkens have 15/16" barrels accept for .54 caliber that was also 1". Bubba .50 probably has a better answer for you and hopefully will see this post.

I THINK the larger family interchanges between them and the small family between them. I have an old rusty renegade barrel under the bench and can measure the mount hole pattern if that helps.

Depends on when it was made. Early Hawkens had a longer sight with holes a little over an inch apart. Later on they used the same sight as the Renegade which has holes about 3/4 inch or maybe 7/8 inch apart. And when they went to fiber optics they used a Williams sight that only used one screw. And to make matters even more confusing, for a time Renegades used a sight that had somethin’ like 5/8 inch hole spacing.

Thank you for the answers. I guess that I have to take them both off and see for myself. I'd rather not do that because holes and slots get worn and scratched up when you do that but I think that I have to in the end. Thanks again.

Probably just have to remove the elevation screw and flip the site up to get a close enough measurement of the mount screws. First turn the elevation screw down and count the clicks then you can put it back where it was.

Not all T/C rear sights just flip up by removing the elevation screw. Some models require that you remove the pivot pin at the forward part of the sight in order to remove the top portion of the site to access the mounting screws.

The top part of the Hawken sight is squared off on the end to prevent it from pivoting all the way up and even if it did the forward screw is right under it so the pin still needs removed.

The base of the Renegade sight has ‘ears’ on it to prevent the sight from pivoting.

In both cases it’s likely so you don’t lose the spring if the elevation screw should come out & get lost.

On Renegades and New Englanders and such if l have the sight off for any reason l file these ears off & touch up with cold blue.

On the old sights you have to remove the pivot pin to get them off, the new one come of easily. I have use a short base sight on a long base drilled barrel but only used one screw to hold it on, it worked and didn't come loose.

Latest posts

Back