• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

T/C Hawkens under rib thread???????

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

4570tc

40 Cal.
Reaction score
Can anyone tell me what thread size Thopson Center used on the Hawken under rib? I have tried 8 /40 and 8 / 32. it is prob a 6 / something?

does any have any idea what it is? I am barreling a T/C.

Can anyone tell me what thread size Thopson Center used on the Hawken under rib? I have tried 8 /40 and 8 / 32. it is prob a 6 / something?

does any have any idea what it is? I am barreling a T/C.
Its been a long time since I re-barreled one of those, but for some reason 5-40 comes to mind.
I could be wrong.

I did a test taped hole with a 6 - 40 , it was a No go. what about a 6 - 48 ? I will do a test 6 - 48 in the morning.

If you have a screw from the rib, then measure its diameter then find a machine screw chart and look for the screw diameter on the chart. This will tell you what screw size it is then you will track down its thread pitch with a screw pitch gage or by guessing:dunno::):rolleyes:. If you don't have a screw then measure the I.D. of the threaded hole and add 0.032" to the measurement and this will give an approximant diameter of the screw - not as accurate as measuring the screw but it will get you into the ballpark. To get the "idea" of the thread pitch get a toothpick and melt some wax onto it and press it into the side of the threaded hole to get an impression of the thread then you can get a better "guess" of its pitch. OR call the company that made the rifle and ask them;):):dunno:

Back