• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Thompson Center Percussion rifle

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

awreis

36 Cl.
Reaction score
I need some help identifying this Thompson Center rifle. It doesn't have a model name on it. Also, would cutting and putting a bow tie joint fix the Crack in the stock or is the stock junked? The crack does go all the way through.

Attachments

• 20240106_155214.jpg
    20240106_155214.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 10
  • 20240106_155225.jpg
    20240106_155225.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 0
  • Screenshot_20240107-095413_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20240107-095413_Gallery.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 0
New Englander. It has a round barrel and is marked 50 caliber.

Acraglas epoxy, the runny type, blown into the crack and clamped. Redo the finish and you'll never know it was broken.

New Englander. It has a round barrel and is marked 50 caliber.

Acraglas epoxy, the runny type, blown into the crack and clamped. Redo the finish and you'll never know it was broken.
Until it breaks again…. I’ve repaired a bunch of these, and it’s takes something more than epoxy or wood glue. One method that I found works well is to replace the wood screws holding the tang with machine screws threaded into the trigger assembly.

What follows is something I have posted a number of times.

I have repaired and reinforced more TC stocks than I can remember. Below is what I do with WMC stocks. To date, not aware of any I have reenforced cracking or breaking.

The photographs below of the WMC trigger assembly and tang should explain it. Drill straight through tang screw holes through the stock to the trigger assembly, tap and replace the wood screws with machine screws. Make sure to add clearance for the machine screws in the stock after you have spotted and drilled the holes in the trigger assembly. You do not want the screws touching the stock.
1596491381691.jpeg

1596491427502.jpeg

I agree with Nobade, it‘s a New Englander. I have one with .50 cal and 12ga barrels, great gun.
Are the barrels interchangeable on the same rifle? As in if I had a .50 caliber barrel, can I put it on a 54 caliber stock?

Back