• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Thompson center percussion lock with safety

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'd like to see the inside too. Based on the pictures the bridle is extended rearward. The safety lever is attached to a shaft. The shaft has a flat spot to allow the sear arm to pivot as usual. With the safety on, the shaft has the flat rotated away and the sear arm is blocked.

Interesting, I am not sure what is accomplishes. IF I understand it correctly, the tumber is not locked in place. A person who was unfamiliar might try to cock with the safety on. That could damage the sear and tumbler.

Lets see the guts. : )

My wife hunted with me for 17 years, she hunted out of a treestand and often fell asleep in her stand. Working a sidelock is second nature for us but she had tiny hands and even had trouble cocking a revolver. Treestands were so relaxing for her that I felt better about her having a safety on her rifle while she was up in a tree, I bought her an unmentionable M/L with a safety.

Perhaps the TC safety is for the same kind of inexperienced hunter.

Does anyone currently make a flint lock with a sliding safety as shown above by Bad Karma?

ADK Bigfoot
Pedersoli mortimer locks have those safeties. Mine has one.
IMG_1481.jpeg

Back