• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

This just in ... Gatofeo joins Muzzleloading Forum

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gatofeo

40 Cal.
Reaction score
GATOVILLE, Utah --- That cranky, ol desert cat Gatofeo has joined the Muzzleloading Forum.
"I'm pleased to stumble across this site and hope I can learn and add my own experiences to it," the 49-year-old bachelor said.
A resident of the remote Utah desert, Gatofeo haunts more than a dozen shooting and reloading sites, including a few black powder ones.
"My strongest black powder interest is in cap and ball revolvers, which I've been shooting since about 1970," he said. "I've learned a great deal about cap and ball sixguns, much of which I've passed on in other sites."
He also owns a .50-caliber muzzleloading rifle of the Hawken pattern.
Modern arms are not neglected, however. Gatofeo reloads for about 20 different calibers, from .22 Hornet to .45-70. He also loads black powder cartridges for his .32 Long Colt (in an original 1892 Marlin), .44-40 and .45-70 rifles.
"I cast my own bullets for some calibers too," the ugly cat said.
"Yep, that's what 'Gatofeo' means: ugly cat, in Spanish. I'm actually of German and Belgian ancestry," he said.
How Gatofeo got his nickname is a mystery, but he did say it involved being stranded in a Snoqualmie Pass avalanche with an all-woman topless accordion band for four days.
"Whoo-boy, there's a story. But I'd get booted from here if I told it," he said with his famous Cheshire grin.
Raised in Washington State ("on the sane, eastern side of the state," he grumbled), Gatofeo worked for a number of newspapers in the Pacific Northwest before moving to Utah.
"Journalism pays so poorly that when this opportunity came I leapt at it," he said, sipping on a Catnip Julep.
"I was a reporter but am now a writer and photgrapher for a major company," Gatofeo said.
When he's not shooting, Gatofeo enjoys exploring the vast Utah desert and its history.
"I live near the Pony Express Route, that went from Missouri to California in the 1860s," he said. "I like to hop in the Gatmobile and look for new sights."
Gatofeo also enjoys military history, antiques, gin and tonics or old Scotch, old books, fishing, studying the paranormal, cooking, chatting with friends on the internet and travel.
"I look forward to my time in the Muzzleloading Forum," Gatofeo said. "I expect I'll learn a great deal and add something to it --- even if it's just an occasional dose of my quirky humor."

Hi Gatofeo. This is Gary from TFL/THR. Welcome aboard.

Gatofeo you say...

:crackup:

We've been needing a camp reporter for some time now - if you see him around, tell him to keep his pencil sharp, ears open and eyes peeled . Never a dull moment around these parts :thumbsup:

"I look forward to my time in the Muzzleloading Forum," Gatofeo said. "I expect I'll learn a great deal and add something to it --- even if it's just an occasional dose of my quirky humor."

Now wait just a dang minute, the only thing funny here is Zonie's guns... :crackup:

Glad to have ya, you can sit next to me...

Hi, Gatafeo. Nice to have anothter Utahn contributing. I been to Fish Springs, Utah, and you got to WANT to go there. Lots of room out in the remote Utah desert. You'd fit in well with a bunch of people over here in NE Utah. We even got Bigfoot (I guess) in addition to UFOs.

We even got Bigfoot (I guess) in addition to UFOs.

Yep, here he is getting ready to feed on Utahian elk...

Elk4.jpg

Gatafeo,
welcome to the forum!!!! glad to have you on board.
I must say you are indeed a writer. looking forward to seeing some of your quirky humor! there is quite abit of it
at this forum.
again welcome and stay active

I am snake-eyes :) :thumbsup: :peace:

"Herzlich Willkommen" ( german for a big welcome) from another new member. You will get a lot of paranormal contacts here. "Hoglands Mars Mystery" seems like a child-story compared to what you will going to read.:haha:. Myself from Sweden and therefore an UFO by itself. I assume you have a lot of experience and I am eager to learn. In just a couple of weeks I have picked up several usable "pearls" at this forum. :RO: If you thinks the spelling in some posts is hard to read, dont worry, it is just the way it is and you get accustomed to it. :thumbsup: :peace:
ARILAR

No offense, MusketMan, but I think I'll sit next to Arilar. He's got four (count `em, 4!) Swedish blonde babes sitting with him ... heh. If I play my cards right, the ol' ugly cat might steal one away ... heh.
Thanks to everyone for the warm welcome. Sounds like a good group in here. A few of them are in desperate need of a BATH (Phew! Don't you ever change those buckskins?) and there's a couple of wild-eyed characters in here, but overall a good group. Upwind.

Well, I am just in from Bozeman, Mt...getting back to wonderful sunny Fla....maybe....welcome to the group.
As one of the few "ladies" to lurk around here....always like to see a new face...or BOD :crackup: :crackup:

Tipis, if you saw this ugly cat's "bod" you'd put a second "door" in your tipi.
However, like the rest of my lady friends, I've offered to send them a photo of me in a Speedo --- as a Halloween decoration!
No takers yet ... <grumble>

Welcome Gatofeo.Glad you found this site.Your instructional discourse will be well recieved here as they have been at the other sites that you frequent.Best regards,Paul

Well, as a lover of Halloween decorations, bring it on. I just love a good scare :RO: It might just go with my pictures of Tom Selleck, John Wayne and The Creature from the Black Lagoon. Very fond of the Creature. :youcrazy: ::
Just love a tinge of green around the gills. :no: :crackup: :crackup:

You are welcome anytime.......I just love the self portraits?
:m2c: :haha: :nono:
Green is my favorite color.... :eek:
But you will have to bring your own "air supply" for DIVING in to my tipi. :crackup: :crackup: :crackup:

Hey Tipis.
Do you ever have strange dreams while sleeping in a tipi?
I had Nez Perce friends who told me that it was common to have strange dreams when sleeping in a tipi. I slept in theirs a few nights (alone, dammit :curse:) and don't recall that I had strange dreams.
They told me it was a common experience. I dunno.
I also participated in a number of sweat baths with them, at their place on the Coeur d'Alene River in northern Idaho.
You have to enter the lodge feet first, to symbolize rebirth. They collected a root that grew around the Lewiston, Idaho area --- their traditional grounds.
It was called "kouse" or something like that. They'd dry this root and then add it to the water in the sweat lodge. A dipper took this "tea" from the pot, which they poured over the hot rocks.
Kouse is rather like menthol but not as strong. With your pores opened in that sweat lodge, the kouse-heavy steam would really penetrate your pores. After a while, we'd go headfirst out of the sweat lodge and jump into the adjacent, cold Coeur d'Alene River.
Yeeeeeeeeeowwwww!
For days afterward, every time you took a shower you could smell that kouse on your skin.
It was a wonderful experience. I knew these people as the friends of my old girlfriend, who was Indian and a member of the Colville Confederated Tribe of Northeastern Washington. When my girlfriend and I broke up, I didn't resume my association with the Nez Perce folks.
But I sure had some interesting times.
They used Lodgepole pine for the poles on their tipis. It grows straight and narrow in the Northwest, making it ideal for fences and poles.
The biggest problem was carrying those poles from one Powow to another. Some would go 25 to 30 feet so it was a challenge to get them on top of a pickup. Often, there's be five feet sticking off the back and front as they drove down the highway.
Sorry for prattling on. Thought you'd find it interesting, since you make tipis and all.
Adios!

Oh!!! I do love tipis.....just hard typing with your HAND IN A CAST. :crackup: :crackup: :what:

LOVE to any story on tipis.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back