• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

New guy from New Jersey

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I was an early member of Morgans Rifle Company (1962) and left the group in 1977 to join the N-SSA for more live fire. I have been shooting round ball since 1958 and have had lots of fun shooting all types of firearms all these years. Also shot longe range black powder cartridge and cowboy for a number of years. Now sliding back to flintlocks where I started. Just picked up an Indian Baker that had the barrel replaced with an barrel made by Ed Rayl.

That's great, Printer! Now, move out of NJ! Just kidding, you've been there forever! I know a great gunsmith in Berlin, S. Jersey, knows muzzleloaders as well as modern, used to shoot N-NSA. I re-enacted Rev War all during the Bi-Cen for 10 years, a bi-reg't., Brit and American. Never got into N-NSA but I really admire the way they've kept the science and preservation of muzzleloaders going. Lots of great tips and info on this site! Good luck.

Howdy and Welcome from Texas!
I lived in Morris County back in the late '60s, and miss the weather and hills.
Most folks don't realize how pretty North Jersey is, with the hills, trees, fields, and ponds.
Iron ore for cannonballs was mined for the Revolution in Mt. Hope, my old neighborhood.
Lots of history up there.
We love photos of shooting and the local areas. Show us what you have!

Latest posts

Back