• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

The tale of a jaeger

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tony rosgaard

36 Cal.
Reaction score
A little story from Denmark.

A few years ago, a good friend of mine vent to the junkyard with some trash. While unloading he saw some old broken guns sticking up from the trash. He’s not into guns himself, but brought them home to me in case I could use some parts from them. One of them was a two band Enfield and the other was a old Jaeger rifle. At the time I didn’t know anything about Jaegers, but decided to do a little history digging. The gun is a Swedish made Jaeger in Cal. 78 riffled. It was made for civilian use in about 1740-50. Original in was a flint lock, but later it was converted (1840-50) to percussion and got a “Tap” added on the brenchplug for expanding the projectile bottom (Don’t know the English term for it.). I was aware that the gun should be restored but knew also that I did not have the skills for this kind of job. (Se pic.)

FLINT001.jpg

FLINT002.jpg

FLINT003.jpg

FLINT004.jpg

Luckily I knew an old guy who had done some restoration on guns before and I therefor treed to convince him of the need to save this piece of history. At first he cursed both me and the broken gun when he saw it, but later he came around and ended up, giving it a try. Half a year later he called me and told me to pickup my piece of junk. This story could have been very tragic, but here the gun it is now. Saved and shooting in Denmark.

FLINT001a.jpg

FLINT002a.jpg

FLINT003a.jpg

FLINT004a.jpg

Hope you like it.

Best from Denmark
Tony

Like it?
How could one not like it.
Bravo! Certainly saved from being lost forever. :thumbsup:

You Sir,
:hatsoff:
Have saved a peice of history.

Now if we all could be so lucky to find something like this in the trash.

Howdy

Tony:

En særlig hilsen til Dem! Thank you for posting this wonderful story of reclamation!

:hatsoff: :hatsoff: :hatsoff:

Thanks guys. I am glad you liked it and I promise more to come. Here is a little hole size Pic. of the gun.

hel1.jpg

Ps: Pappa bear ”“ You write in Danish. !!???

Best from Denmark
Tony

Hi Tony,

very well done from you and the old guy.

Did you shoot the gun already? Is it rifled or smooth?

Regards

Kirrmeister

Hi Kirrmeister

The gun is riffled and the barrel is like brand new, but I haven’t fired it yet. One day, my friend, one day.

Best from Denmark
Tony

Gorgeous gun. It looks like the lock plate was brass. You don't see that very often.

Thanks for saving a piece of history.

Many Klatch

Latest posts

Back