• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

The Rifle Shoppe - two thumbs up!

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My experience with TRS is terrific. Last Wed I ordered a .75 handgonne barrel which was shipped on Fri and received today. I had questions which were answered by Jeff who also gave me some interesting history. Jane easily handled the order process. Even though the barrel is pretty much indestructible it was bubble wrapped and packed in peanuts. Couldn't ask for more. Can't wait to round up supplies and shoot it.

Attachments

• IMG_20240312_103908_537.jpg
    IMG_20240312_103908_537.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 8
My experience is that if a part is already in stock they are generally prompt in getting it shipped. In other cases a reminder or more can get you answers if you are lucky enough to connect by phone. Squeaky wheel gets the grease! They are good folks and I’m relieved they are still around.

I was actually just looking at these today on their website wondering if I was going to risk an order.

Is this medieval hand gonne the one pictured here on the site? Looks like a browned finish is what the site shows.

My experience with TRS is terrific. Last Wed I ordered a .75 handgonne barrel which was shipped on Fri and received today. I had questions which were answered by Jeff who also gave me some interesting history. Jane easily handled the order process. Even though the barrel is pretty much indestructible it was bubble wrapped and packed in peanuts. Couldn't ask for more. Can't wait to round up supplies and shoot it.
IMG_2529.jpeg

Wow, you should have bought a lottery ticket. I am still waiting for parts years on backorder.
At some point you have to wonder, do they spend these deposits outside the business and need new folks to fund past customers projects.

Like what do they do? Have a couple years worth of revenue sitting in an LLC checking account with individualized accounting earmarking every project that’s been idling for fractions of a decade? Highly doubt it, if they are as professionalized as the hoards of waiting customers imply…

Muzzleloading forum needs a do not buy list with the rifle shop on that list. Something to keep people accountable.

I was actually just looking at these today on their website wondering if I was going to risk an order.

Is this medieval hand gonne the one pictured here on the site? Looks like a browned finish is what the site shows.

View attachment 314903
No, the one they sent me was essentially as pictured except it was in the white and the squared sharp ends of the powder chamber area and muzzle are smoothed somewhat. Nicer looking. You can find some pics of mine on this forum.

No, if you bother them too much I think they ignore you…..
I sent one email as initial contact after five months. Heard nothing. After another month, followed up. Nothing.

Then called maybe two weeks after that and heard a ready-by date that we are beyond now. I think they just ignore their customers right out of the gate. Seems there’s a number of people that say the same.

Last edited:
All it will take is some enterprising individual in India or elsewhere to offer the more unusual locks- miquelet, snaphaunce, ect, to get the rifle shoppes business.

Keep in mind ... when dealing with TRS:

All their parts, whether cast or machined, are done in BATCHES! That is how the entire world - less individual Craftspersons - work.

Cast - They used to be sand cast in Peru and I'm sure you can understand the logistics and shipping co$ts for such ventures, so the order WAITS until their is a full order to cast the tree, which I'm guessing is 12, as based on previous orders and experience with others. I've since been told that that now have a US source for casting, but am not sure of the parts count needed there to run a tree.

Machined - Done in batches. Like I just need another Nock Volley Gun barrel, 2 actually, for a TRS kit, and Jesse (not Jeff) from TRS had me call Jason at Rice Barrel who makes them for TRS. I got lucky and they had an order almost ready to start, but by me jumping in onto the TRS order, Jason cranked them all out and I got my barrels in 2 weeks (mine shipped direct from Rice, woo hoo!).

Wood - These orders I don't get ... I and others (like RickStl) have ordered blanks confirmed in stock, only to wait 6 to 8 more months or more to receive them. But I think that is due to their inventory system - so read on further below about this.

TRS Ordering & Inventory System - This has happened TWICE to me now, so it is my best guess as to what might be happening. For example, let's pretend on a Monday I call Jane and ask if she has Dutch Stock #2xx in stock and she says 'yes'. Because she confirmed it in stock - I place the order. And then I wait and wait ... WTH? It was in stock!

When I placed the order, yes it showed in stock and on hand, but what their inventory system apparently doesn't tell them (or me or you!) is that last week or last month, etc., that someone else has previously placed an order for the SAME part! So on Friday - of which they reserve to ship out orders, that Dutch stock gets sent out to the other person who placed the previous order - and not to me.

Look it's a small 2 person full-time operation ... and while I'm not making excuses for them, I do recognize that no one else (less that British outfit) is dong anything near this effort for parts offering (and that Brit outfit has the same inventory issues too, BTW). But I sure wish that TRS could be more upfront with ordering status, set reasonable expectations for order fufillment, and record a 'flag' or add a note in their inventory system that while there may be parts on hand, to at least have it show how many orders are already open/placed against those parts.

Then at least we'd have a better idea of we we stood ... just my $0.02.

Keep in mind ... when dealing with TRS:

All their parts, whether cast or machined, are done in BATCHES! That is how the entire world - less individual Craftspersons - work.

Cast - They used to be sand cast in Peru and I'm sure you can understand the logistics and shipping co$ts for such ventures, so the order WAITS until their is a full order to cast the tree, which I'm guessing is 12, as based on previous orders and experience with others. I've since been told that that now have a US source for casting, but am not sure of the parts count needed there to run a tree.

Machined - Done in batches. Like I just need another Nock Volley Gun barrel, 2 actually, for a TRS kit, and Jesse (not Jeff) from TRS had me call Jason at Rice Barrel who makes them for TRS. I got lucky and they had an order almost ready to start, but by me jumping in onto the TRS order, Jason cranked them all out and I got my barrels in 2 weeks (mine shipped direct from Rice, woo hoo!).

Wood - These orders I don't get ... I and others (like RickStl) have ordered blanks confirmed in stock, only to wait 6 to 8 more months or more to receive them. But I think that is due to their inventory system - so read on further below about this.

TRS Ordering & Inventory System - This has happened TWICE to me now, so it is my best guess as to what might be happening. For example, let's pretend on a Monday I call Jane and ask if she has Dutch Stock #2xx in stock and she says 'yes'. Because she confirmed it in stock - I place the order. And then I wait and wait ... WTH? It was in stock!

When I placed the order, yes it showed in stock and on hand, but what their inventory system apparently doesn't tell them (or me or you!) is that last week or last month, etc., that someone else has previously placed an order for the SAME part! So on Friday - of which they reserve to ship out orders, that Dutch stock gets sent out to the other person who placed the previous order - and not to me.

Look it's a small 2 person full-time operation ... and while I'm not making excuses for them, I do recognize that no one else (less that British outfit) is dong anything near this effort for parts offering (and that Brit outfit has the same inventory issues too, BTW). But I sure wish that TRS could be more upfront with ordering status, set reasonable expectations for order fufillment, and record a 'flag' or add a note in their inventory system that while there may be parts on hand, to at least have it show how many orders are already open/placed against those parts.

Then at least we'd have a better idea of we we stood ... just my $0.02.
Agreed. There is always room for improvement in any business. Issues at TRS are more obvious than larger companies with multiple employees and a more advanced inventory System. We get excited when we order stuff to build and delays are difficult to handle. We just need to be aware of the way things work over there if we order from them. I still need to pay them an in person visit and maybe round up and buy parts while there.

All it will take is some enterprising individual in India or elsewhere to offer the more unusual locks- miquelet, snaphaunce, ect, to get the rifle shoppes business.
When I retire in a long time…I feel like I’ll do this.
Agreed. There is always room for improvement in any business. Issues at TRS are more obvious than larger companies with multiple employees and a more advanced inventory System. We get excited when we order stuff to build and delays are difficult to handle. We just need to be aware of the way things work over there if we order from them. I still need to pay them an in person visit and maybe round up and buy parts while there.

If they are behind by year(s) on orders, there’s a simple solution that countless gunsmiths use. You stop taking in new work and post on your website that you have a backlog, which you must get through.

Back