• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

The Rifle Shoppe and Others

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Looking at the Catalog from The Rifle Shoppe, it's amazing the breadth of offerings they have. Usually such a detailed, specific offering from a small company is due to the dedication of a knowledgeable person whose love of a subject is a major focus of their professional occupation. I've never dealt with them, and am not a "builder", but I have a pal who has a 1776 Rifle built from parts from TRS. I guess the point of my post is, we in the muzzle-loading world have much to be thankful for, for the small, dedicated army of vendors and craftspeople that keep us supplied with items that long ago dropped out of usefulness to the modern World! (The Army is developing military lasers for futuristic warfare, and we're still seeking Flints and Percussion Caps!)o_O

Looking at the Catalog from The Rifle Shoppe, it's amazing the breadth of offerings they have. Usually such a detailed, specific offering from a small company is due to the dedication of a knowledgeable person whose love of a subject is a major focus of their professional occupation. I've never dealt with them, and am not a "builder", but I have a pal who has a 1776 Rifle built from parts from TRS. I guess the point of my post is, we in the muzzle-loading world have much to be thankful for, for the small, dedicated army of vendors and craftspeople that keep us supplied with items that long ago dropped out of usefulness to the modern World! (The Army is developing military lasers for futuristic warfare, and we're still seeking Flints and Percussion Caps!)o_O
So do you have a printed copy of their catalog or just the digital version? They've been promising a printed version for about a decade which I would love to have!

No, just was looking on line. I think making a printed catalog in today's world is a bit too much; requires a whole 'nother clerical work-load. My interest is in a rifle a friend has that may be coming up for sale possibly; assembled from TRS parts during the Bi-Cen by a fellow now deceased. This pal's group ordered Four parts guns, had two assembled by Loyalist, and two in PA. Used during the Bi-Cen for enactments. Maybe you can just print out their on-line catalog?

I have an 2007-2008 catalog. Do you know specifically which parts set they purchased? There are several that would be appropriate for that era.

I have a real, actual physical catalogue from the Log Cabin Shop - number 46.
That's why I deal with Log Cabin Shop and Pecatonica. They both have catalogs that I can study without having to stare at a computer screen. But then I'm old and have old habits and likes.

Big book. Lots of pictures and info.

20230904_071804.jpg
20230904_071951.jpg
20230904_072008.jpg

Thing about the Riffle Shoppe is that they have copies of original guns that no one else carries. I have a 1728 St. Etienne fusil and two Early French Officers Fusils make from their parts. They send you the castings and it is up to you to make them work. They turned out great. And not available anywhere else.

WOW! Rare as hen's teeth! Would love to have one but they have been out of stock for years. TRS has most of the original printing plates but can't find an "Old School" print shop to run them as everyone has gone digital. Cost is also a major factor today. I have an old Log cabin and TOTW catalog and treasure them!
No pitchers in their online catalog!!
Several years ago I asked Jane if they were going to print more catalogs but she said “ we have no plans to do so”
A year ago a friend while ordering a parts set asked her the same, again she said “no” so he told her “I’ll sell you mine for $600”
She laughed and he got his parts in under a year…. Hmm. Maybe I should try to humor her next time I ask where the hell is my stuff!?!

The catalog is an inch thick, I'm sure trying to put that on the website is time prohibitive. I'm also sure that printing new ones these days would cost a fortune. If someone is interested in a particular one, let me know the # & I'll try to post a photo like above. The back of the book also has front and back photos of some of their assembled locks. They obviously put a lot of time into publishing this catalog.

It depends... ...you're best bet is to call to see if it's in stock. Keep in mind, this is a mom & pop shop out of their home. You may have to call a few times before you talk to someone.

The catalog is an inch thick, I'm sure trying to put that on the website is time prohibitive. I'm also sure that printing new ones these days would cost a fortune. If someone is interested in a particular one, let me know the # & I'll try to post a photo like above. The back of the book also has front and back photos of some of their assembled locks. They obviously put a lot of time into publishing this catalog.
Can you send me or post the pictures for their wheellocks.
Thanks.

Latest posts

Back