• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

the poor boy bark today

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beaverbill

40 Cal.
Reaction score
seen 5 doe today had a broad side shot at abot 60 yards took the shot and shot a H#ll of a beech tree :surrender:

beaverbill said:
seen 5 doe today had a broad side shot at abot 60 yards took the shot and shot a H#ll of a beech tree :surrender:

What, no pics? What kind of "rack" did that Beech tree have? Are you going to mount it? :rotf:

that why they call them lil limbs ones "shoots"???????? :hmm: there's a tree in the adirondacks with a knot on it......onliest deer i ever missed there....growed big too! :rotf:

Puts a whole new meaning toi the word "bark" in the title of your thread :grin:
Tough break...that's hunting...go back again and close the deal!

Sitting on the ground leanbing against a tree, this green sapling made me miss a good buck at less than 50 yards:
110606Saplingsaved10pointerslife.jpg

As you know we are "traditionally" obligated to eat what we shoot when hunting. So if you find a good recipe for the Beech tree please post it... I've shot more than my fair share of pines when hunting, and they taste simply aweful. :barf:

BTW, anybody who hasn't "made wood" hasn't hunted very much. :wink:

Walks Alone said:
I've shot more than my fair share of pines when hunting, and they taste simply aweful. :barf: :wink:

You know, Pine needle tea is really quite good and is loaded with vitamin C. I brewed up some a couple weeks ago from a young pine and was quite suprised at how good it was.
Idaho PRB

Walks Alone said:
As you know we are "traditionally" obligated to eat what we shoot when hunting. So if you find a good recipe for the Beech tree please post it...

Beech ala Carp

After slaying the ferocious Beech, carefully field dress and then cut out a filet of approximately 12"x1"x5" and rinse off the dust. Soak in clear cold water for 2 hours - weighted to keep it down. Catch a nice sized Carp from the local river (or get one from the fish market). Remove the Beech filet and place the whole Carp on the board. Season the Carp with crushed red pepper, finely ground black pepper, crushed sea salt, some freshly squeezed lemon juice, and for a bit of exotic taste, a handful of capers. Be very liberal with the seasoning allowing it to get all over the Beech filet.
Place the filet with Carp on a stone placed in the center of a fire of nice coals. Keep a pitcher of water nearby to keep the Beech filet moist while cooking. Cook until the Carp falls apart easily and flakes when pierced by a fork. At this point, scrape the Carp and spices into the fire and serve the plank to your Deer Camp buddies 'cause you surely wouldn't want to eat that Carp!

I got a stump once-wood unknown

any generic recipe for wood would be helpful.

Thanks in advance

flint50

Latest posts

Back