• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

The Keystone State, success

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Juniata

40 Cal
Reaction score
This year I saved vacation time to take off between Christmas and New Year's for late flintlock. Opening day near home in Central PA I shot a spike at 30 yards which in PA under 3" spikes is considered antlerless.
Wednesday through Friday I hunted with friends in McKean County.
I shot one first thing Thursday morning at 25 yards. I was into the deer and that's not always the case in late season.

.58 cal Early PA rifle
Rice 42" York profile
Larry Zornes Lock
70 3F + .562 ball .015 ticking lubed with bear grease/beeswax

PXL_20231226_155003195~2.jpg
PXL_20231228_123941615~3.jpg

Last edited:
Congrats on a fine hunt and a couple of fine deer.

Should provide some fine eating.

Last edited:
This year I saved vacation time to take off between Christmas and New Year's for late flintlock. Opening day near home in Central PA I shot a spike at 30 yards which in PA under 3" spikes is considered antlerless.
Wednesday through Friday I hunted with friends in McKean County.
I shot one first thing Thursday morning at 25 yards. I was into the deer and that's not always the case in late season.

.58 cal Early PA rifle
Rice 42" York profile
Larry Zornes Lock
70 3F + .562 ball .015 ticking lubed with bear grease/beeswax

View attachment 280805 View attachment 280808
congrats. u gittin it done.good shooting bud. meat to eat

Awesome Job Sir!!
I'd love to try that season in PA. For nostalgia purposes. Great job again!

We got 4 hare this year, really good running conditions. I got some good video but don't know where to post it without violating the rules with modern cheater guns.

Soup, I get up to that area occasionally to chase grouse around. We saw a lot of deer sign on CP land south of Hazel Hurst.

PXL_20240103_204931316~2.jpg
PXL_20240103_204942927~2.jpg

Had to get that black powder smoke in my nostrils again. 2 days back at work and all I want to do is be in the woods with a flintlock.
Shot 3 squirrels this evening after work.
Didn't get a pic of all 3. This is the first I've killed anything with the fowler I built in September.

Back