• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

PA elk hunt results

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sunday, Monday and Tuesday it rained lightly but nonstop and stayed about 55-60 degrees Fahrenheit with endless fog and mist. Wednesday it poured rain until noon, at which point the air began to clear enough where in a day a flintlock could be reasonably expected to spark. By Thursday the sun was out in full, the temperature was up to 70 degrees, and while a flintlock will work in those conditions, the elk will not. All things considered, the percussion rifle was the right gun for the awful conditions in a once in a lifetime hunt. Having devoted five days to this elk hunt, I departed Thursday night and wished everyone else there good luck, which they did not have. I wish PGC would extend an elk season for bad weather.

Satire and this board just don’t mix. Not much of a sense of humor around here either.

I own more percussion guns than flintlocks…and I hunt all season long with them here even when the conditions/terrain don’t make it an advantage. So my hats off to you. I know what it’s like to go home empty handed.

My 14 year old hunts black powder and modern guns. Just this year he has made shots on deer and hogs to 700 yards with my 338L, 300PRC and a couple of integrally suppressed 6.5s (I train LE and military) and he likes to give me a hard time about my .62 Plains gun, or a .40 flint Lancaster. But it’s not about the killing for me anymore…it’s about how I do it.

Satire and this board just don’t mix. Not much of a sense of humor around here either.

I own more percussion guns than flintlocks…and I hunt all season long with them here even when the conditions/terrain don’t make it an advantage. So my hats off to you. I know what it’s like to go home empty handed.

My 14 year old hunts black powder and modern guns. Just this year he has made shots on deer and hogs to 700 yards with my 338L, 300PRC and a couple of integrally suppressed 6.5s (I train LE and military) and he likes to give me a hard time about my .62 Plains gun, or a .40 flint Lancaster. But it’s not about the killing for me anymore…it’s about how I do it.
Rifle season just ended. Despite having success, I can’t find much of anything to laugh about. No sense of humor left at all! In fact, the only thought that keeps me from sliding into mourning is the the fact that flintlock starts in two weeks. And if I play my work right, I’ll be able to deer hunt into late January an hour southeast of home. So I give you credit and a thumbs up “like” for trying to make me laugh, but I’m kind of a sad case until I’m back in the woods with a rifle. Sorry man. I’ll get back in touch with my humorous side in a few months.

too bad you didn't get an elk because they are really good eating. But having a good time is just as important, maybe moreso.
in 2021 I drew a cow tag for zone 3. Traveled there a couple weeks before the season and found some really good spots. First day opened with snow, sleet and freezing rain. My friend and I were covered with about 1" of the stuff but then the sun came out and it was a gorgeous day and the elk were on the move. While walking down the mountain from a food plot to my truck we caught a glimpse of some elk working their way down the hill. The wind was right and the lead cow with her last year's calf past by at about 75 yards and she stopped I settled the crosshairs on her shoulder and touched of the shot. She didn't even act like she was hit. Just stood there, then took a few steps and fell over. There must have been 50 elk in that herd. After my shot we just stood there and watched the elk walk away, bulls bulgling back and forth. What a great day.

Latest posts

Back