• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

The first…..

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CMHouchins

36 Cl.
Reaction score
Found this for sale near where I work. If I understand this right it was a very early Navy Arms 1851. Made by a collaboration of A.Uberti and Gregorelli. Uberti had the factory and Gregorelli had the license in the late 1950’s. Starting in 1963 Uberti got their own license and has been doing it ever since. Beautiful condition and looks to have been shot little if any at all.

Attachments

• IMG_2065.jpeg
    IMG_2065.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 4
  • IMG_2064.jpeg
    IMG_2064.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 0
The engraving on the cylinder looks very crisp compared to the newer ones I have. Good looking pistol.

Nice looking pistol. 1963 is the year that the two companies split. All the Gregorelli and Uberti marked ones I have seen have the round barrels and plain cylinders and are marked with a G.U. on the right side barrel flat. Nothing on the top of the barrel and left side but Navy Arms Co. What is the serial number range? I don' think I have seen one with an octagon barrel and engraved cylinder that still had the Gregorelli. That must be one of the last ones made that were marked Gregorelli or near the end before they went to Uberti marked only. Pistol looks like new. Nice find. Learned something.

Last edited:
The bottom of the barrel says A.Uberti and Gregorelli and the top of the barrel says Navy Arms etc. . 1963…. Thank you for putting a date to it. Learned just a bit more about it now.

It maybe the picture but your revolver's trigger guard and backstrap looks to be silver in color is that correct? Very nice revolver;).

Yes the gripframe is silver plated as the 51’s used by the Navy and commercial revolvers were. It has some of this plating wore off the backstrap….. in its condition maybe a lot of armchair westerns 😁

Latest posts

Back