• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Western Arms Corp. 1860 Army

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I checked out the site you mentioned and saw the prices and almost fainted! They were trying to squeeze every penny they could out of their pistols. I will buy brand new ,it is cheaper than dealing with them and they also lead people to think the pistol are special? These are copies and not even worth the new price .There is an old saying that says,""A fool and his money are soon parted"" . All I can say if you have to have it go for it . I won't! I had rather have a new pistol.
I forgot to mention The pawn shop had a fair price in my eyes.
Guns international is a website that users sell their guns at a fixed cost - it has everyone from Cabelas to small gun shops … it’s not one entity , I have purchased a few items from there and like any online selling platform buyer beware

Thanks for the information. When the gun is cocked it has the Colt four click which I’m told Ubertis also have but not Piettas. Part of my reason for referring to the pistol as a Frankenpistol is I thought maybe the frame was Uberti but the cylinder and maybe the barrel might be Pietta as advertised by the auction. Why I thought that was because I bought Slix Shot nipples for Uberti and they would not thread, but they did on a Uberti Remington Army.
searching on the Internet led me to another forum that described why that was so. See screen shot of comments.
Older Uberti used metric threaded cones.

Edit: Well kids, read everything before posting anything… d’oh!

Thanks for the information. When the gun is cocked it has the Colt four click which I’m told Ubertis also have but not Piettas. Part of my reason for referring to the pistol as a Frankenpistol is I thought maybe the frame was Uberti but the cylinder and maybe the barrel might be Pietta as advertised by the auction. Why I thought that was because I bought Slix Shot nipples for Uberti and they would not thread, but they did on a Uberti Remington Army.
searching on the Internet led me to another forum that described why that was so. See screen shot of comments.
The four clicks is in reference to cartridge colt revolvers - they have 4 clicks - many of the newer cartridge colt copies have built in safeties and don’t have 4 clicks - I don’t think this is a relevant thing for cap n ball revolvers

The auction company was wrong. It is Uberti all the way. The 79 on the parts coincide with the manufacturing date.

Last edited:
Question, I have a Uberti London model 51. purchased in 1980. I think I purchased it from TOW or DGW, don't remember. It came with paper work ( loading and cleaning instruction), with Western Arms heading and address. No where on the gun does it say Western Arms. Is it a Western Arms or not?
IMG_1115.jpg

Question, I have a Uberti London model 51. purchased in 1980. I think I purchased it from TOW or DGW, don't remember. It came with paper work ( loading and cleaning instruction), with Western Arms heading and address. No where on the gun does it say Western Arms. Is it a Western Arms or not? View attachment 276241
If it was Western Arms Corp it would be stamped on the barrel. The company you bought it from probably just had copies of that information form and included it with the pistol. What markings are on the revolver?

LONDON stamped on top of barrel, Black powder only on bottom. AUBERTI&C on side of frame along with the usual proof marks. My first thought was same as Hawk54's, just standard information on hand. The revolver is 43 years old and still my favorite black powder gun. This thread just got me wondering.

LONDON stamped on top of barrel, Black powder only on bottom. AUBERTI&C on side of frame along with the usual proof marks. My first thought was same as Hawk54's, just standard information on hand. The revolver is 43 years old and still my favorite black powder gun. This thread just got me wondering.
It would appear to be a standard Uberti made London model 1851. I have an A. Uberti 1851 Navy that is just like yours. No importer company name on the revolver.

Ok fellows, I took the new pistol apart for a good cleaning and found NO carbon on any of my patches or cleaning rag!

All six chambers were clean, no carbon. No black at all.
Only some light red (rust) from the base pin and base pin hole! But that cleaned up easily.

I think this pistol was never fired, contrary to what I was thinking before?

The rifling was perfect with a bright mirror finish!

I put a light coat of gun oil on everything and she even became even prettier.

Only thing that could be any better about this would be to have the original box and paperwork. Wishful thinking, but I’m thrilled no matter what!

I’m second guessing myself if I want to shoot it, save it, or sell it for a nice profit? IDK?

Any advice?
Well, once the Uberti gun is gone over and brought up to it's full spec potential it will be superior to any original in every way but nostalgia wise. The metal is so far superior to what originals were made of they're barely in the same class of quality.
Purists don't like to hear this but it's the truth ! You have purchased one of the best "shooters" that was ever production made.

A couple of years ago I contacted Cimarron Arms about a Uberti 1866 lever gun I have. It is marked Western Arms. Santa Fe, NM.

The rep told me Western Arms was bought out by Allen Firearms which was, in turn, bought out by Cimarron Arms.

Ok fellows, here is a follow up on my awesome pawn shop find. I decided to keep, shoot, and enjoy my new 1860 Army! My first cap and ball revolver.

So, after some internet searching I was able to get some Schuetzen 3F powder from Graf & Sons, some RWS 1075 caps and 44 Caliber wonder wads from Taylors & Company. And to round out my kit of accouterments and supplies I all so ordered up a new Lee .454 roundball mold off Amazon, a Colt style powder flask with a 20 grain and 30 grain flask spouts, a fancy capper with leather sheath, nipple wrench, cross draw leather slim Jim holster and military style leather holster. Most all of that came from Track of the Wolf.

Dang it ya'll! The revolver only cost me $130, but I got 2 1/2 times that much in ammo and accessories! I'm complaining, but in a good way. I promptly cast up 100 plus rounds and with all the new gear and many hours of youtube videos and reading on here I was ready to go to the range.

Woo hoo, great first run with the new toy! After firing off the first and second cylinder full, one with 24 grains of powder and one with 30 grains the nervous butterflies left and the fun began.

My Uberti 1860 Army, like everybody else's, shot high. But after figuring out where to hold, I was ringing steel out to 25 yards. Big fun and a great first impression. I'm happy and can't hardly wait till the next range trip!

The bad, this gun, like many I've seen or read about was a cap sucking pain in the butt! At least 2 caps per cylinder caused a problem, but I did get in some good practice of disassembly and reassembly on the firing line, haha.
I have already ordered a set of Slixshot nipples and have polished and deburred the hammer face! So, I'm really hoping this problem to be much better next go around.

I lost count of how many rounds I fired, probably 60 or better until the action failed to function. Turns out a piece of cap got into the bolt area.

My first experience was good! Looking forward to getting this gun "accurized" and reliable.

Back