• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

The big ten!

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It is a crow, not rook.
I am sad I am not getting a well done from you feltwad, my life would of had so much more meaning🙂

Over here we in the part of England in which I live, it is said that 'If you see lots and lots of crows, then they're rooks. If you see just one rook, it's a crow.'

I've mentioned this before, but here in UK we have very strict lower limitations on the muzzle energy and, in Scotland, mizzle energy AND velocity -

SPECIESMIN BULLET WEIGHTCALIBREMIN MUZZLE ENERGY
Red
Eng & Wales–Not less than .240 inches1,700 foot pounds
Scotland100 grains–1,750 foot pounds (min muzzle velocity 2,450 feet per second)
N Ireland100 grainsNot less than .236 inches1,700 foot pounds
Fallow
Eng & Wales –Not less than .240 inches1,700 foot pounds
Scotland100 grains–1,750 foot pounds (min muzzle velocity 2,450 feet per second)
Sika
Roe
Scotland50 grains–1,000 foot pounds (min muzzle velocity 2,450 feet per second)
Chinese water deer
Eng & Wales50 grainsNot less than .220 inches1,000 foot pounds
Muntjac
Eng & Wales50 grainsNot less than .220 inches1,000 foot pounds

Add to that that the chances of actually being ALLOWED to have a muzzle loader that meets any of those figures is to all intents and purposes nil.

BP c*r*r*d*g* firearms would just fit the bill, muzzle energy-wise, but not velocity, especially in Scotland, where so much deer shooting takes place anyhow.
Yeah, it's very stupid in my opinion.
Typical commitee over thinking and ar$e covering 🙄.

Brit, read T Foleys post and made me laugh thinking about the first time I hunted bear in northern Ontario, was with the guide and I made a comment about the size of there crows, he looked at me with a bit of astonishment and stated they are not crows but ravens, looked like big crows too me.

Brit, read T Foleys post and made me laugh thinking about the first time I hunted bear in northern Ontario, was with the guide and I made a comment about the size of there crows, he looked at me with a bit of astonishment and stated they are not crows but ravens, looked like big crows too me.
Lol.
We have ravens too. Smart birds but they do like unzipping lambs and taking ewes eyes out or their vent.
They are protected though......

Back