• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

As another year passes...

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I get this year's goose with a muzzloader, again, I am delighted to say.
A goodly skein fast on the wind and a little higher than I like!
The 10g was loaded with 100gn of 4f, yes that's correct 4f, and 2oz of #3 tungsten matrix.
Two thin cards and one thin leather as a wad.
Before I left home I popped a cap on a rodded patch per barrel for good measure. I do not store my muzzloaders with oil so was confident of ignition.
So the first smaller skein as I feared got blown wide by the wind but the larger skein behind was looking good in the failing light but was also a little lower!
They were so fast I had to shoot early and the bird did indeed react as though shot but did not fall!
Instinctively I swung through the same bird now directly overhead and fired to witness the same bird fold up and plummet to the ground thirty yards behind me!
Awesome.
That 10g and fine powder gets some horsepower up!

I feel a meatloaf a coming up....
Thank you Lord.
View attachment 254100
Congrats on a successful hunt and that fine bird! 4f in a 10 gauge? I would have never thought that would give you good shot patterns but the proof is in the pudding. That's a nice looking shotgun too. Maybe you can post some pics of it someday?

Congrats on a successful hunt and that fine bird! 4f in a 10 gauge? I would have never thought that would give you good shot patterns but the proof is in the pudding. That's a nice looking shotgun too. Maybe you can post some pics of it someday?
Thank you.
If you do a search of my stuff on here you will find the photos.
And 4f is great in all my shotguns. You can use less and gets good power up.
I cracked the misbelief about it years ago.

You work? I thought you just hunted for a living.

My bubble has burst. 😢
Unfortunately yes 😐
IMG-20230810-WA0010.jpeg

Back