• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

The big ten!

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rain, rain, rain!
I couldn't wait any longer, I just had to try the 10g on loan.
No wads so balled up brown paper was it. 90gn measure of fine powder and 1&1/2 oz of course mixed shot I set off looking for a crow or two.
A little while later two come flying towards me as I hid behind some cover and down one came, I missed the second bird. Felt perfect for fit.
20210508_162315.jpg

Now don't laugh but I loaded up again. Brown paper and wonderlube. Then 2oz of 177 air gun pellets!
20210508_161543.jpg

Eventually a fast crow came over the trees so I flicked those big tubes through him after a quick range estimation, BOOM and down he came. Wow, 2oz let's you know something just happened!
It was only a small crow and 30yds up or a shade more so I was impressed. The second barrel of airgun pellets took a second flying crow so it is repeatable. Here was the first air gun pellet crow.
20210508_164048.jpg

I went on to check POI on an old tin sheet. Just shouldering and shooting fast the pattern was where I was looking.
From then on I went and missed a squirrel but downed two pigeons.
By now I was getting damp from the rain so turned for home.
Jess and I had had some fun and I had a gun to clean and a dog to clean also.

Just got to pay for the thing now 🤦‍♂️

Congratulations, Brits. I look forward to all your adventures with the new gun.

It looks like my Navy/Pietta 12 gauge which I bought in 1985. It fits me perfectly. The first day I hunted with it I kicked up 7 rabbits, shot at 5, killed 5. I also have a 12 gauge Pedersoli which I bought through Navy Arms, but it's not marked Navy. It fits me poorly, spends all its time hanging on the wall.

The Pietta:
MagnumA.jpg

MagnumC.jpg

MagnumR.jpg

Spence

I love shooting clays and most shots I get are straight rising presentations on quail here, so I’m happy with my Pedersoli 70/30 POI, but seeing this 10 gauge makes me think about installing a mid-bead. What’s your opinion on lining up a small mid-bead to bring down your POI to 50/50. I wonder specifically because I’d like to aim at what I’m aiming at for a still target like a turkey or loading with ball for deer.

Congratulations, Brits. I look forward to all your adventures with the new gun.

It looks like my Navy/Pietta 12 gauge which I bought in 1985. It fits me perfectly. The first day I hunted with it I kicked up 7 rabbits, shot at 5, killed 5. I also have a 12 gauge Pedersoli which I bought through Navy Arms, but it's not marked Navy. It fits me poorly, spends all its time hanging on the wall.

The Pietta:
View attachment 76363
View attachment 76364
View attachment 76365
Spence
Funny isn't it. Some just work a treat and others with next to no difference just don't seem to eager to connect! 🤷‍♂️

I love shooting clays and most shots I get are straight rising presentations on quail here, so I’m happy with my Pedersoli 70/30 POI, but seeing this 10 gauge makes me think about installing a mid-bead. What’s your opinion on lining up a small mid-bead to bring down your POI to 50/50. I wonder specifically because I’d like to aim at what I’m aiming at for a still target like a turkey or loading with ball for deer.
It's early days yet but so far it seems that with the mid bead forming the figure 8 it shoots 50/50 height wise. I don't notice it wing shooting.

Rain, rain, rain!
I couldn't wait any longer, I just had to try the 10g on loan.
No wads so balled up brown paper was it. 90gn measure of fine powder and 1&1/2 oz of course mixed shot I set off looking for a crow or two.
A little while later two come flying towards me as I hid behind some cover and down one came, I missed the second bird. Felt perfect for fit.
View attachment 76351

Now don't laugh but I loaded up again. Brown paper and wonderlube. Then 2oz of 177 air gun pellets!
View attachment 76352
Eventually a fast crow came over the trees so I flicked those big tubes through him after a quick range estimation, BOOM and down he came. Wow, 2oz let's you know something just happened!
It was only a small crow and 30yds up or a shade more so I was impressed. The second barrel of airgun pellets took a second flying crow so it is repeatable. Here was the first air gun pellet crow.
View attachment 76353
I went on to check POI on an old tin sheet. Just shouldering and shooting fast the pattern was where I was looking.
From then on I went and missed a squirrel but downed two pigeons.
By now I was getting damp from the rain so turned for home.
Jess and I had had some fun and I had a gun to clean and a dog to clean also.
View attachment 76357

Just got to pay for the thing now 🤦‍♂️
Congratulations on the new gun. You've earned it and deserve it.
And with those extra large bores, maybe you will eat through that supply of those stupid airgun pellets faster... lol 😆

Sold! Pay the Man!

Congrats on the new gun & a fine hunt Brits!
Looks like the crows & pigeons would know you bye now... lol
My local crows can identify me at a thousand yards and express their joy on seeing me in such a way it is like having a conversation with a certain englisman from the North of me.

😄

Great stuff mate,

I do love that place over the pond, hunted Scotland last time I was there and missed a nice roe. Do you do a bit of deer hunting yourself? From memory BP isn't big game legal though?

My local crows can identify me at a thousand yards and express their joy on seeing me in such a way it is like having a conversation with a certain englisman from the North of me.

😄
Not biting . In fact if it had been a photo of 30 birds instead of a single young rook I would have said well done :thumb:. It seems you are on the right track
Feltwad

Great stuff mate,

I do love that place over the pond, hunted Scotland last time I was there and missed a nice roe. Do you do a bit of deer hunting yourself? From memory BP isn't big game legal though?
Had a couple of venison sausages for my breakfast went down well with a rasher of dry cured bacon and a free range egg
Right black powder not allowed for deer personally I cannot see why because it was the only way in the past
Feltwad

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back