• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

The Alamo film

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
One more time, I have to say one feather is right & so is Davy!

It is silly to be fighting over an actor, boys & their toys is right! Hey I'll admit it & it's over for me.

If anyone wants to fight with me, I'll fight over Chili, it should have lots of beans in it! Needless to say I've had it both ways & still do, but with beans is the right way!

Thomas

Beans? In Chili? Not in Texas! :eek:

Why you kin have all tha frijole beans yas want on tha sideplate with tha japlapeeners n sich ... but NIVER swimmin in amongst tha chili fixins! :curse: Thats down rite anti-Texican, 'n heathen ta boot! :nono: ... beans in chili ... w'all I kin seed yor not from arund hyar in Northern Tejas .. thets fer dang shore! :crackup: :thumbsup:

Davy

Well if you want to step on youself, I'm not going to stop you.

I did say a worm in the woodwork & raid will put down anything, if you use enough of it.

Lets see, chili which everyone knows has meat in it & if you put alot of beans in there [which makes it better], I don't think thats vegetarian.

Oxymoron, your just going to made me say it, aren't you? Alright, if I said "your smart" that would be an oxymoron.

Look I really don't want to do this & I've told you that I don't, So Please give me a break & lets both stop. I'll tell you what you call me a sissy & I won't say anything back, will that make you happy?

Thomas

Davy,

Thats petty good, it's what my wife says "Tom your a heathen", your right on the beans straight up tho' lots of peppers & the more the better! Now my okra, boiled with 2 shakes of salt & one of pepper!

Thomas

I prefer my okra fried or stewed with some tomatoes. I tolerate beans in chili for the sake of my wife, and to help make the after-dinner conversation more interesting.

You can have all tha okry in tha wurld as far as I am concerned ... slimy or crusty ... nasty stuff anyway yas wanna make it! UGHH! :curse: Not fit fer tha hogs IMHO! :nono:

Davy

tmdreb,

Now we're talking, I like fried okra too & the tomatoes stewed with okra, your right that is good as well! My wife doesn't like beans in chili, so I don't get it with beans very offen, but every now & then she'll give in & make it that way for me.

Hey maybe we aren't that far apart, I'll tell you, sometimes I'm a butt head & wish I'd watch my mouth alittle bit more!

Thomas

Davy,

All right, I'll eat your's, "it's a hard thing to do, but someone has to do it"! I think that line was in a movie, but can't remember which one. You can't have my black-pea's & salt pork & I don't care how much you want them & no your not feeding the cattle with them!

Thomas

Davy,

All right, I'll eat your's, "it's a hard thing to do, but someone has to do it"! I think that line was in a movie, but can't remember which one. You can't have my black-pea's & salt pork & I don't care how much you want them & no your not feeding the cattle with them!

Thomas

Ok I'll trade ya all the okry in tha world ... for the speckled butter beans, field peas, n fresh cut corn, or even a big ol pot of red beans! :applause:

Davy

Davy,

I don't know, I love okra, but you'd be making out good on that trade!

I just finished watching the Alamo [starz cable tv], missed the first hour as was cleaning smelt [for smoking] will be on again tonite at 11:00 so will watch all then.

You take care Pal. [I'm going to work on more smelt]

Thomas

Davy,

I don't know, I love okra, but you'd be making out good on that trade!

I just finished watching the Alamo [starz cable tv], missed the first hour as was cleaning smelt [for smoking] will be on again tonite at 11:00 so will watch all then.

You take care Pal. [I'm going to work on more smelt]

Thomas

Hmm ... makes me wonder iffin them Texas boys ate any of that dang okry in the Alamo? ::

pity.jpg

I pity tha fool thet eats okay! :front:

Davy

Okra is great and I like chili with the meat on the side and the beens in the goo.Now I was not borne when the John wane Alamo came out and my first movie incounter was the Walt disney virsion.John Wane was a great Actor for his time and the taste's of that era.He did seem to use the same method of acting in alot of the movies he did but that was what he did .If you wanted John Wane in your Movie you got John Wane thats who he was !I dont think he was a bad actor, for his time he was a great actor and there is no other and never will be anither like him.Just look at how erritated some of us got when we thaught some one was putting him down :crackup:.One thing for sure,love him or not there will never be another like him!My hats off to the Duke !! :master:

TSD, I think I'll get linched here, but I'm going to go on Record and say that John Wayne was not a great actor for all the reasons you pointed out. Many of our greatest stars have very narrow ranges. Charleton Heston, and Kevin Costnar for example; Dustin Hoffman and Vincent Denofrio are great actors.
Now I need to say this befor I get shouted out of here, I'm a HUGE Duke fan, and that's because what you see is what you get. He's a great man and American, but not such a great actor, but that's OK with me because I don't trust actors anyway.
Oh, BTW, "Okry" rules! I eat it fried, pickled or, my particular favorite, Boiled! :thumbsup:

Well, can't argue with you there, I used him for an example as I've never seen him out of character, and his roles are all so vastly different. They don't call him "the chameleon" for nothing. the guy is dedicated to his craft, that's for sure.

So true, Al is Al whether he's doing an Italian or Cuban, or cantankerous old vet; he's always Al.
I think that's the reason I didn't care for the Duke's presentation of the Alamo. I couldn't suspend my disbelief. the Duke was never Crockett to me. I mean, come on, a legend portraying a legend!
From what I remember, I think that John Wayne didn't want to act in the film, but he couldn't get it done unless he agreed to the title role. I think the studio strong armed him somehow.

Well gentlemen you have convinced me! They are gonna have the 45th Anniversary of the Wayane Alamo film at Brackettville,Texas on March 22nd 2005. They will be showing the film in the Alamo compound outdoors, and part of the Wayne family will be in attendance to celebrate it!

I know I will also be there amigos! I am a big Wayne fan and I will really be thrilled to meet some of his family that evening! :eek: ::

Davy ...

Hey Davy:
Do ya know if Patrick Wayne will be there?
I think that, as the Duke's son, he's a terribly underappreciated resource in Hollywood.

One simple rule of life is."Chili with out beans, and ice tea the year around". Just can not belive what some folks do to a simple to make fine food like chili. Back in Ohio they mix in paste for "Gods Sake". I saw one from NC where you add Green Beans.
When I was in England they served real Texas Chili, now that was a real mess. When you depart the rural areas of the west don't eat anything called chili. I think St. Peter will send a lot of these Chili Heathens down below. You darn well know he's keepin track of all these chili sinners. This stuff kept Americans from starvin during that Messican War, you know it was a God Send. Be Careful.
You have been warned.
:curse: :curse: :redthumb:
Redwing

At this point we are hopin Patrick will be there .. but simply do not yet know! ::

Davy

Latest posts

Back