• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Thank you from California

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MetalMike70

Pilgrim
Reaction score
Retired U.S. Marine (Infantry, 1st Mar Div), interested in metal working, shooting, American history and messing around in the garage. Brother passed away and left me his 54 Cal muzzle loader. I would like to become more proficient with it.

Welcome! I am sorry for the loss of your brother. Where in the state are you? I am in the Redding area. Thank you for your service.

Welcome to the forum my friend! Also, Thankyou!!! for your service to our great nation! It's always an honor to greet a vet and welcome them in to our fold. Also, I am very sorry for the loss of your brother my friend. He left you his .54 muzzleloader, so let's see about getting you acquainted to BP shooting and his rifle.

This forum is the best place to learn about Traditional muzzleloaders and BP shooting. All the other aspects that go along with it are covered as well. It's also a great place to research different makes and models of about any kind of Traditional muzzleloader out there.

We are a forum made up of a bunch of great folks! The majority have decades of knowledge and experience. They would be more than happy to answer any questions that you may have. We would also be delighted to hear what you might have to say as well!

Our forum is also a lively place with new topic's being created on a daily basis. Something new all the time!

We also have a Search feature located at the top of the forum"s pages. It is a great tool to utilize for research or looking up something specific.

The learning opportunities are endless. I guarantee, you will learn alot here and continue to grow in knowledge every time you visit this forum. I'm always learning something new on a daily basis!

You've come to the right place and we're glad that you have found us!

Advice is always free, and we have some of the very best to help you out when asked. Again, If you have questions, don't hesitate to ask our fine member's. They will steer you in the right direction!

Welcome Aboard my friend! We hope to hear from you in the near future.

Respectfully, Cowboy :patriot:

:metoo: on what Mountain Dewd and Cowboy said. You are very welcome here.

.54 is a very good caliber, favored by many on the Forum. Is it flintlock or caplock?

Richard/Grumpa

Welcome! There's a few of us grunts on here - thanks for coming aboard and for serving

Back