• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Terible service from Traditions

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tatman731

36 Cal.
Reaction score
Does anyone else on here have experience dealing with Tradions Firearms as for service. They supposedly have a liftime warrany on their weapons. Thats BS! Had a hammer break in two peices while shooting and they tell me its gonna cost 73.00 bucks to replace! How is that not a manufacturing defect? You cant find good service anymore. We need an American company that sales American made products. I mean for what they chrge,pretty sure we could make a better product at not too much more money. I bet :cursing: everyone here would love to have that happen.

question, why is a hammer $73? I think that price may have been a new lock. I know some folks at traditions and will ask about this. If you want, pm me your name and phone number and I can forward that up to one of the higher staff members at traditions.

$75 for a hammer wouldn't surprise me from Traditions one bit. A couple of years ago I inquired about a replacement stock from them for a Shenandoah rifle and they wanted $475 and the whole gun brand new was $520!

Outdoorman

I'm sorry but this doesn't sound right to me. I called them about a replacement ramrod and got a quote of $7, under $10 shipped to my door. Id go with contacting higher ups about this.

No I have had no dealings with them However you seem to be getting standard 2013 treatment!

Geo. T.

I had a trigger guard and trigger break on my .50 DeerHunter a few years ago. I called Traditions and the lady I spoke with was very helpful. The part was not in stock but she put it on back order and I received it in the time frame quoted. And the price was more than reasonable.

Well after all the complaining, I received a brand new hammer in the mail today. Turns out they give great service just bad communication! At least they do honor their warranty. :doh:

I also own an old 1985 lyman trade rifle that I made the stock for out of walnut from my farm. It still shoots better than I can hold.

Back