• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

TC White mountain Carbine

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Chorizo,

That's what I'm talking about. Fox Ridge would often offer you a barrel that TC didn't make on their production guns. Notice that the EBay one you're showing is a full octagon and it even has fiber optic sights. The Fox ridge barrel I purchased was a 1:38 twist.

Last edited:
Chorizo,

That's what I'm talking about. Fox Ridge would often offer you a barrel that TC didn't make on their production guns. Notice that the EBay one you're showing is a full octagon and it even has fiber optic sights.
And for a small price of $699.99 plus $40 shipping it can be yours!

Ryan ,

The 50 caliber WMC came in 2 different twist rates. I don't know what year they were introduced because I don't have access to all the old catalogs but I can tell you that in 1992 and 1993 they had a 1:20 twist. In 1994 and 1995 they had a 1:38 twist. In 1996 they were no longer in the cataloge. I have owned several of them and I can tell you that one I have has a serial number of 62328 is a 1:20 while another I have has a serial number of 71158 and it has a 1:38 twist so the change is somewhere between those numbers. I'm glad they didn't make them in 96 because that's the year TC put Their QLA on all their barrels.

The 45 WMC was in 1992 and 93 and had a 1:48 twist.

The 54 WMC was made in 1992, 93, 94 and 95 and had a 1:48 twist.

I believe quite a few people disliked the 50 WMC because they didn't understand the fast twist and tried shooting round balls with the same powder charges they would in their hawken and that was usually a recipe that didn't include accuracy. Although it could be used for round balls with lighter loads its true calling was as a bullet gun. This past weekend I shot several 100 yard shots using a 450 gn bullet backed by 60gr of BP into fist sized groups using a peep sight on one of my 1:20 twist barrels.
I would like to now what bullet you used and what peep you put on I, also have one in 50 cal.

The peep is either a Lyman 57 SML or 57 GPR . I haven't several TC's that I've installed both these on. Out of the 2 I prefer the 57GPR because it includes a wedge for shimming.

A TC 7194 is also a good choice for WMC but are more difficult to find.

A Williams FP Hawken can also be made to work.

The front sight I'm using is the Lyman 17AHB, although this sight comes with 8 inserts I actually use Lee Shaver inserts because their geared more for target shooting. I have also used the bead sight that comes with the WMC but at 100 yards it completely covers the paper plate I use for a target but would be just fine for most hunting situations.

The bullet is an Accurate molds 50-435M , when I poured mine with pure lead I got 450 grains.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back