• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Did the TC white mountain carbine come with predrilled scope mounts?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bat119

32 Cal
Reaction score
I picked up a White mountain carbine at a estate sale this is how it came, overall it is in good shape bores perfect a few stock dings a refinish will take of I assume it has a 1:28 twist. What mount bases would fit on this?
download (3).jpeg

My two 54 cal did not. Also the 50 cals came in varying twist rates depending on how early they were made, so you will need to verify.

If you stay away from heavy loads you will be fine, but they are prone to stock cracking.

There is a thread about how to reinforce them

Here you go.
https://www.muzzleloadingforum.com/threads/tc-white-mountain-carbine.123105/
I have done both of mine and bedded the tangs as I am using them as host stocks for a 58 cal carbine and 54 carbine fast twist.....I am also using the 54 cal version

People also complain about the triggers being heavy, but both of mine are great.

If you stay away from heavy loads you will be fine, but they are prone to stock cracking.

I disassembled it today I did notice a hairline crack on the left side above the trigger, I've pillar bedded a few centerfires this will be my first muzzle loader, I need a project any shooting is still a few months away here

Just looked at my .50 caliber, which is the later one that had the machine screw instead of the wood screw, and it is not factory drilled and tapped. I would guess somebody had yours drilled and tapped. Check the holes and make sure that they did not drill into the bore.

Check the holes and make sure that they did not drill into the bore

That was the first thing I thought of after I learned they weren't factory, removed the plugs all good......whew!

Latest posts

Back