• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

TC White Mountain Carbine Stock

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sootburner

32 Cal.
Reaction score
I have had a TC White Mountain Carbine Stock in my possession for a while, and it is well overdue for a new barrel. The original barrel was a .54 and I would prefer to keep it that way, or possibly go up to .58 in the Octagon to Round profile. Would anyone have any recommendations for a manufacturer?

Many Thanks,

SB

An octagon to round would be hard to fit in a TC barrel channel, especially with the under-rib attachment.

Ask in the classified if anyone has a barrel, some of the guys have quite a collection of TCs and parts and may have a barrel gathering dust.

They come up from time to time on eBay but the owners are real proud of them price wise.

I just read your other post, you could buy a roached-out barrel on eBay and have it rebored by bobby Hoyt to up to a .58.
Thanks for your help and direction. I'll keep an eye out on the classified and eBay. Maybe someday I'll find one.

Cheers!
SB

If it's a 54cal White Mountain Carbine stock it will have a 1 inch barrel channel. If so, personally I'd just put a Renegade barrel in it and just ignore that inch or so gap between the underrib & fore end. But, with a good machinist the front half could be turned round and with care the front sight dovetail and the threaded holes for attaching the rib should still be usable.

Latest posts

Back