• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

TC sidelocks , how many different models ?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Was trying to get the workshop ready for winter projects , by separating keepers and projects from guns and parts to sell.
As I was doing inventory on what I've collected over the years I mentioned to a friend I was thinking I had most of Thompson Center's Wood Stock Sidelocks.
Then he threw me a curve, he mentioned having a "TC Westerner model", when he was younger.
This made me wonder what other jewels I've missed. Here's my list, do you see anything missing ?

1. Hawkens 45,50 & 54 caliber
2. Renagade 50,54,56 (SB), 58 (Big Bore) caliber.
3. Senaca 32 ( the real unicorn), 36,&45 caliber
4. Cherokee 32, 36 &45 caliber.
5. Pennsylvania Hunter 50 caliber, & Pennsylvania hunter carbine ( still looking).
6. New Englander 12 gauge ( finally) , 50 & 54 caliber.
7. Cougar 50 caliber and 45 caliber.
8. White mountain carbine 50 & 54 caliber.
9. Cleland 40 caliber

They had the Black Mountain Magnum. Tree Hawk and Grey Hawk.ive got a couple of those

They had the Black Mountain Magnum. Tree Hawk and Grey Hawk.
I think I may have a couple of those but was thinking "Wood stocks" not Tupperware. I found some info on the "Westerner" in a catalog,I think it may be a variation of the Black Mountain.

I think I may have a couple of those but was thinking "Wood stocks" not Tupperware. I found some info on the "Westerner" in a catalog,I think it may be a variation of the Black Mountain.
I recently bought/sold an Black Mountain Magnum, it's a nice gun. Don't forget that the New Englander had both wood and synthetic stocks.

There was also a Silver Elite, which I think was just another fancy Hawken.
Went digging in the safe looking for the Patriots and came across this one, remember buying it. The guy told me it was a Silver Elite, but once I saw it l realized it wasn't, furniture was right but barrel wasn't. Still don't know about it, need to start looking in to it.

Attachments

• PXL_20231006_204023321.jpg
    PXL_20231006_204023321.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 0
  • PXL_20231006_204043175.jpg
    PXL_20231006_204043175.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 0
  • PXL_20231006_204054518.jpg
    PXL_20231006_204054518.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 0
Don’t forget that the treehawk and new englander could have been had with 12 gauge barrels. Also the 56 sb renegade. I know someone already mentioned renegade, but the smoothie was a bit different.

Latest posts

Back