CLOSED TC No.7194 Hunter Style Tang Mount Peep Sight

Help Support Muzzle Loading Forum:

Status
Not open for further replies.

William G

32 Cal
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
Interesting, will have to investigate that one. If you come across that thread please let me know. I’ll try to find a pic of one mounted on a gun. Looks like it might be a bit on the wide side. Thanks.

William G

32 Cal
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
Very informative link. Especially about the open fiber optic bead front sight along with a larger diameter hole in the rear peep (.125-.150). That’s the part a feller would have to play around with to see what works best for his eye sight. Thanks !

sixty3.390

32 Cal
Reaction score
William I didn't see what ML you are shooting or wanting this for, but assumed it is a T/C? this mounts just the same as the T/C hunter peep sight, yes it is a little more "bulky" but smaller than the other one mentioned. I found his description and use very informative for what i wanted. Good luck and let us know what you buy and pros/cons.

Reaction score
I have two of the sights. One with a flat base to mount on the rear of the tang, and one with a curved base to mount forward on the tang. If I can find them I'd sell you one for $65 plus postage.

William G

32 Cal
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
Kansas volunteer that would be great ! The one I’m looking for is flat base that mounts to the actual tang. It’s a two screw mount design. On my TC Hawken I would use the rearward tang screw hole ( closest to the buttstock) and then I would have to drill/ tap for the foward mount screw. I’m send ya a pm.

Hoser1268

32 Cal.
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
Yeah, I’m not sure what they sold for at the end of their production but I think it’s safe to say, not that amount. There are certainly other ways to skin this cat if one can’t be located at a reasonable cost.
The last one I bought brand new right before Thompson Center stopped making them cost me around $60. I see what people are getting for them on Ebay and it makes me cringe. It is a damn shame that Smith & Wesson bought them out and stopped making their traditional muzzleloaders.

BIGBEAR

40 Cal
Reaction score
Kansas volunteer that would be great ! The one I’m looking for is flat base that mounts to the actual tang. It’s a two screw mount design. On my TC Hawken I would use the rearward tang screw hole ( closest to the buttstock) and then I would have to drill/ tap for the foward mount screw. I’m send ya a pm.
I see those 3 hole tangs for sale also , I've bought them for both 15/16 and 1 inch barrels on that auction site ...

William G

32 Cal
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
Big Bear, I’ve wondered if those 3 holers could still be found. I’ll keep an eye out for one. Thanks.

nit wit

50 Cal.
Reaction score
I have one T/C for $65.00 + shipping or a Lyman 57ML for $75.00 + shipping.
Nit Wit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Group Builder