• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Muzzleloading Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

CLOSED TC No.7194 Hunter Style Tang Mount Peep Sight

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting, will have to investigate that one. If you come across that thread please let me know. I’ll try to find a pic of one mounted on a gun. Looks like it might be a bit on the wide side. Thanks.

Very informative link. Especially about the open fiber optic bead front sight along with a larger diameter hole in the rear peep (.125-.150). That’s the part a feller would have to play around with to see what works best for his eye sight. Thanks !

William I didn't see what ML you are shooting or wanting this for, but assumed it is a T/C? this mounts just the same as the T/C hunter peep sight, yes it is a little more "bulky" but smaller than the other one mentioned. I found his description and use very informative for what i wanted. Good luck and let us know what you buy and pros/cons.

I have two of the sights. One with a flat base to mount on the rear of the tang, and one with a curved base to mount forward on the tang. If I can find them I'd sell you one for $65 plus postage.

Kansas volunteer that would be great ! The one I’m looking for is flat base that mounts to the actual tang. It’s a two screw mount design. On my TC Hawken I would use the rearward tang screw hole ( closest to the buttstock) and then I would have to drill/ tap for the foward mount screw. I’m send ya a pm.

Yeah, I’m not sure what they sold for at the end of their production but I think it’s safe to say, not that amount. There are certainly other ways to skin this cat if one can’t be located at a reasonable cost.
The last one I bought brand new right before Thompson Center stopped making them cost me around $60. I see what people are getting for them on Ebay and it makes me cringe. It is a damn shame that Smith & Wesson bought them out and stopped making their traditional muzzleloaders.

Kansas volunteer that would be great ! The one I’m looking for is flat base that mounts to the actual tang. It’s a two screw mount design. On my TC Hawken I would use the rearward tang screw hole ( closest to the buttstock) and then I would have to drill/ tap for the foward mount screw. I’m send ya a pm.

I see those 3 hole tangs for sale also , I've bought them for both 15/16 and 1 inch barrels on that auction site ...

I have one T/C for $65.00 + shipping or a Lyman 57ML for $75.00 + shipping.
Nit Wit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back