• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

TC Cheapshots did it again.

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

boar

54 Cal.
Reaction score
Sat morn of two day gun season, nephew and I slipped into the woods around 7.30, leaves were frozen so was hard to go quiet, heard bunch of shots up the hollow, got up on a moss covered rock and waited, pretty soon heard the deer coming, got ready, up pops a nice doe, I grunt and she stopped. I aimed small at front of her chest,shot, she took off back the way she came. I reloaded, walk over to where she was standing and I saw were I had shot thru a 2 inch sapling. I thought no deer. Walked about five steps,lots of blood, walked over and looked down in the ravine, there she laid at the bottom, graveyard dead. I had 80grs 2ff and TC Cheapshot in my .50 Tradition Hawken I bought at the Flea market for 75.00,bought the Cheapshots there too. Two shots out of it and two dead deer. I getting to like them Cheapshots. I found the spent bullet inside the deer,it had hit the top of her heart. Nephew didn't see any. He's shot four bucks with four shots with his Wolf muzzleloader. Dilly

Now that's what I'd call "gettin' it done"...congratulations to you both!
:hatsoff:

nice shooting, hope to have the same luck mid january for last season doe only so the nice buck I kept seeing will walk a little taller next year.

Thanks fella's. I will have two buy one more tag as I am going to southern Ohio for primitive season. I get my tags for 12.00 as part of the over the hill gang. In Ohio you are only allowed one buck. My nephews were button bucks. I am going with son-in-law and grandson(14). Son-in-law hasn't ever shot a deer yet. Grandson has shot three. Might have a story when get back. Going 27to30. Dilly

Congratulations! That's a story that you will tell for years.

So, did you hit the tree or the deer first! :confused:

Yes it hit the tree first. After I saw the tree I figured no deer but it hit her in chest and traveled in to her heart,didn't go all way tru heart, she bled from the lungs. She was very far away 30-40 yards. Dilly

I've used Cheap Shots for years.Just not in Traditional Weapons,always worried about ever having to pull one.

Used a Jacketed Bullet the first time this year,killed a 135 inch Buck but I wasn't happy with the Bullet.

I like my PB.

But anyways Congrats. :thumbsup:

oneshot

Back