• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Tanegashima stock construction.

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am surprised that no one has ever offered a set of detailed drawings for one of these guns. There is the interest in making reproductions.

Thats great if I can get some photos and I agree . Making a gun is as much about feeling and touching as looking. Im in the far north of NZ about 50 Ks from whangerei. Thanks for the help

I'll email a collector friend in Christs Church. He knows a couple other collectors. I know he has both Indian and Omani matchlocks. But I don't believe he has a Japanese. But he may know some one who does.
Meantime, I can send you the pics I do have. Might be easier to just email me direct at: [email protected]
006 (Medium).JPG

Dear Rikysti Your a gem, match locks are a favourite of mine mostly European not Japonese But Ezekiel who I know well wants to make one of them I tell him just go by a pic as they like Indian Toradors are All the same but All different in detail so you cant much go wrong if you wing it all I gather via our NZ Antigue arms Assn there are some users /Makers ? in Ch Ch. I goggled Jap M locks up & there where some plans if small but mayhap they could be blown up . I'me sure he will get there , He managed a Baker rifle I supplied him the mounts . Regards Rudyard

Latest posts

Back