• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

T/C aluminum ramrods

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RedFeather

50 Cal.
Reaction score
Need a ramrod for a .54 and all I can find around here are either the T/C synthetics or the hollow aluminum. Anyone tried the latter? Or would they be hard on the barrel?

(I know, I can always order somethign from TOTW, et cetera.)

I stop at walmart the other day seem thsy had t/c aluminum ramrods on closeout for $3.00 bucks did I need one no,but for $3.00 bucks will keep it as a spare :hatsoff:

lonewolf5347 said:
I stop at walmart the other day seem thsy had t/c aluminum ramrods on closeout for $3.00 bucks did I need one no,but for $3.00 bucks will keep it as a spare :hatsoff:
CAUTION:

I bought two of them at closeout form Walmart a couple years ago for $3 each...TC hollow aluminum ramrods...appear to have little silver pins through the ends, thought wow, what a find.

NO !!
The silver dots are just that...dots...the ends were NOT pinned and both of mine failed the first time I tried to use something like a ball puller, etc...photographed them and sent to TC...then sent me a replacement solid aluminum "rugged rod".

If you got what I had, my suggestion is to either pin them yourself or throw them away.

I've made aluminum ramrods out of XX75 easton arrows. The inserts to screw in broadheads are the same as those on my Jags, pullers etc.

Back