• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Muzzleloading Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

SOLD T/C Pennsylvania Hunter .50 cal with extras PRICE DROP

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Selling an extremely clean 50 caliber Thompson / Center Pennsylvania Hunter percussion rifle. This is the full sized rifle version, not the carbine. Octagon to round barrel, single trigger, very nicely figured walnut stock, factory ramrod. This model is designed to shoot round balls accurately (and it does) with a 1 in 66” rate of twist. When percussion caps became tough to find a couple years ago, I replaced the standard nipple with a T/C musket cap nipple; ignition using musket caps or percussion caps has been excellent.

The rifle is fitted with a T/C hunter style peep sight. I have the original open rear sight as well. This sight setup has proven to be very accurate, even with my 65 year old eyes. It will shoot cloverleaf groups at 50 yards with 70 grains of 2F. The sight alone often sells for $125+.

The condition of the gun is exceptional, inside and out. The bore is bright and pristine, and the metal parts are rust free. The walnut stock has only a couple very minor marks, hardly worth mentioning. The case color on the lock is strong. It would be very difficult to find a nicer example of this model without finding one new in the box.

Asking $550 plus $35 shipping in the lower 48 for the rifle including the peep sight.
For the rifle and the original open sight, I’m asking $475 plus $35 shipping.
If need be, I’ll sell the peep sight after the rifle has sold.

Attachments

• IMG_2184.jpeg
    IMG_2184.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 8
  • IMG_2186.jpeg
    IMG_2186.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_2185.jpeg
    IMG_2185.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_2187.jpeg
    IMG_2187.jpeg
    861.5 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_2191.jpeg
    IMG_2191.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_2189.jpeg
    IMG_2189.jpeg
    842 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_2188.jpeg
    IMG_2188.jpeg
    907.7 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_2183.jpeg
    IMG_2183.jpeg
    585 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_2192.jpeg
    IMG_2192.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
PRICE DROP

$525 shipped in the lower 48 for the rifle and all the sights
$465 shipped in the lower 48 for the rifle and the original open sights

Deer season is coming. Please let me know if you’re interested. I’m happy to work out a layaway if funds are tight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back