• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

stripped out screw hole

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thank you everyone. I am going to drill it out and use a dowl. I am building this gun for a friend and didn't want to do a fix that could fail sometime off in the future.
Go with the dowel however. Once you've cut the new threads, remove the screw and soak the hole with thin super glue. Give it lots of time to dry (overnight). Then flush with a drop of water and blow dry. This will soak into and harden the wood threads. Not impossible to strip but then, neither is steel.

or should it be the energizer bunny?

Attachments

• 177852-popcorn-impala.jpg
    177852-popcorn-impala.jpg
    30.4 KB · Views: 0
I fixed a stripped screw hole in a guitar once with a weed stem. Find one close to the hole size and glue it in. They’re already hollow, and are pretty tough. Worked fine.

I overtightened one of the screws that holds the butt plate on. What is the best way to fix this? drill out and glue in a dowl? drill a hole up from the toe plate and dowl so the screw has cross grain to grab onto? chop a mortice and glue a small block of wood and redrill a pilot hole? Fill the hole with bedding compound? I want to get this fixed before I move onto the patchbox.
JB Weld

Back