• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

stove pipe

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

62flint

36 Cal.
Reaction score
How do I support a stove pipe coming out of the back wall of my tent?
I would think a blacksmith out there would make some sort of support, I just aint found him yet.

if exiting out the back wall then a support of sorts will have to be made up from ground up to elbow, or wire the pipe to a nearly sapling. when exiting out the top(roof) of a tent the stove itself acts as a support.

My stovepipe for the tent stove is made from a school bus tailpipe ( with a very shallow offset bend in it ). My stove is made from a scrapped 20 lb LP bottle. I will NOT build another like it. The pipe support is just a piece of 3/8 rod that sticks into the ground and the other end has a piece of 1/4 x 1 bar welded to it. The pipe has a similar piece welded to it. Hole drilled in both. Bolt with a forged wingnut to attach the support to the flu pipe. With a small amount of work this is nice in any terrain ( read holes or whatever topography ). At one time ( wall tent ) I had 2 supports inside. Wedge tent is now in the trailer and setup/teardown for a one dog show like me is much nicer.

Ok I will add a bit. Last year I was asked to help Crazy Lady's dining area stove ( at Lake Wapello Rondy ). This is a standard wood stove inside a marquis tent ( I guess 20x20 ). The (6") stovepipe exited the wall as stated in 2nd post and 90º up from there. I made a saddle ( 3 legs) that also clamped over the pipe that exited the tent horizontally ( roughly 2 foot). The stand is a tripod that is extremely stable once the hinged clamp is closed over the pipe ( with bolt and wingnut). Was gonna make an upright brace as well but never have got around to it. they are happy and the upright ( screwed to the 90º) seems to stay put nicely. Actually the clamp is the key. It has ears welded to it and the 3 legs are juyst some 1/2 rod with forged ends and holes drilled for bolts. The tripod can then be adjusted easily and bolts tightened. Teardown is fast and no parts to lose ( packs nicely too ). And I ate free for the rest of the year. :)

62flint said:
How do I support a stove pipe coming out of the back wall of my tent?
I would think a blacksmith out there would make some sort of support, I just aint found him yet.

Hank Steinmetz makes some very nice adjustable stove pipe supports... available for various pipe diameters... just what you're looking for...

Blacksmoke Forge
Hank Steinmetz
6725 Clifton Drive, Greenville, OH 45331
Fax: 937-548-8564
Phone: 937-548-9084
Email: [email protected]
We produce a full line of hand forged ironware for the rendezvouser. Our products represent 17th through 19th century. Our product line includes fire sets, cooking utensils, grills, gun stands, flagpole holders, lantern hangers, and miscellaneous hooks and hangers for inside your tent. We also carry hand forged items for the home. Price list available upon request.

I use one of Brother Hank's supports for our stove pipe and it works great. You can adjust the angle of the pipe so the rain doesn't run into the tent and it can be anchored to withstand the wind. I highly recommend them.

Back