• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Muzzleloading Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

FOR SALE Lyman Great Plains Percussion Rifle, .50

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sure wish it was a 52.5 caliber with a vernier sight and and 49" barrel with only one barrel wedge and a muzzle brake and a single trigger and a rawhide wrist cover and a suede fringe case and and and :D:D Just kidding!
This is just another bump for a NICE rifle. Good luck with the sale brother!
🙄

Haha! Thanks, man. If I hadn’t developed a complete and utter infatuation with flintlocks I’d be hanging onto it.

I’m on the fence…. Looks like I will either need to buy this and then a fast twist Gemmer barrel or a new Gemmer and a Barrel. I am contemplating……..

If you are undecided because you’re not familiar with the GPR… I just got my first one (.54) and I love it. Good balance, good looking, and love the sight picture. Can’t wait to shoot it.
It is a proven winner. And seller mentioned “reasonable offers”. Someone should jump on it.

How, in heaven’s name, is this rifle still available? Get it before I change my mind!

This is why all listings should say right up front. First to post an "I'll take it" in the thread is the buyer, it solves little things like this. Either way, "I'll take it" is definitive.
The buyer waited well over 12 hours before posting to buy.
I broached this idea to the mods but it went nowhere. It can solve a lot of hard feelings.

This is why all listings should say right up front. First to post an "I'll take it" in the thread is the buyer, it solves little things like this. Either way, "I'll take it" is definitive.
The buyer waited well over 12 hours before posting to buy.
I broached this idea to the mods but it went nowhere. It can solve a lot of hard feelings.
For the record, no hard feelings here. I was just kidding around.

Back