• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Unfired New to Me ROA

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Ok, picture included though I know everyone has seen these far too many times. Not sure why the picture shrank but if you open it in a separate window it shows the whole thing.

It was a pretty neat buy, the seller thought it was unfired but had no history (he did not disclose how he got it). I got it for around $600 total including shipping and FFL fee as I was willing to deal with the requirement it ship to an FFL (seller did not disclose why, that was his terms and he was willing to take less for it to compensate the FFL fee).

No box though the Plastic Wrapper was with the gun, it came in a soft case. I only wanted a shooter not all the collector stuff that can go with them you pay a fair amount more for. I was the only bid, hit the minimum - I don't know if others did not like the FFL requirement for ship to, but my FFL guy does not charge all that much.

The FFL is quite the BP guy and he looks it over in awe, clearly this has not been fired. I have looked it over, if it was fired it was sent back to the factory, cleaned and re-issued! Happy to get what I wanted at a good price.

This provides my BP hand cannon to see where max loads can go (not all the time but I intend to have fun with it). I have a 44 Mag Blackhawk at one time in the 70s, great gun but it had the transfer bar and I think (looking back) it was a bit off as you had to deliberately pull the trigger and not just squeeze it. I got pretty good with it but never liked it and a squeeze resulted in no bang as the transfer bar was not getting up high enough. Young and dumb, I should have had it looked into, called Ruger etc.

Attachments

• IMG_0742.JPG
    IMG_0742.JPG
    148.9 KB · Views: 7
Thanks. Now to time a quick trip to the range to shoot it. Hitting 0 deg at night so hope to get something around 15 deg (warmer down there and some day heating now). We do have overhead heaters and that is a help. Pistol range is oriented better to get some solar gain vs the rifle range.

Shooting went well, too cold to do a whole lot. Only issue is a bit of shift in the timing such that the bolt starts to come back up at the partial cock position. I can work around it, had to have been pretty close to an edge.

Curious if anyone has ideas on correction. Pull back a bit more and it drops out and I can work with the cylinder, just takes three hands and awkward. Not something I am going to jump into without a lot of thought.

Latest posts

Back