• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Hodgdon powder FREE Hazmat & Shipping

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
If you're tired of waiting for the only black powder manufacturer in the United States to open.

Hodgdon has a Labor Day deal.
FREE Hazmat & Shipping, Labor Day weekend only

• Hodgdon Powder Company
    To blackpowderbill
    Aug 31 at 2:02 PM

Hodgdon_Powder_Company_Logo-1

HOGDON Edits-017

Labor Day Deal: FREE Hazmat & Shipping on all orders, $300 and above.​

AUGUST 31ST THROUGH​

SEPTEMBER 4TH​

From August 31st through September 4th, order more than $300 worth of your favorite powders and merchandise and you’ll receive free shipping with no hazmat fee. Discount will automatically be applied once you qualify, no promo code necessary.

NOTE: Promotion is only good for all in-stock merchandise and removes
    Hazmat fee and shipping costs only – tax still applies.

Or just order real black for less??? I would not pay $38 for 777 when I can get real black for the same cost or less (even considering hazmat and trip). When Sportsmans had Black MZ at $9.99 a lb I proved I am a financial idiot for not buying 20-30 lbs. They stopped making it but why? Was $10 and worked better than all the others I tried and was super clean. Dang I miss that stuff. I got plenty of real black but this was even less and works as well in percussion.

This ain't 2018 anymore! When the new Goex prices come out you can bet it will be MSRP.
For to many years powder was sold at near cost. The prices you see now on an average are MSRP.
I was selling smokeless in the 90's for around 45$ 4# jug when MSRP was 65$.
BP Goex was running 11-13$ pound delivered in 25 pound boxes.
Black MZ by Alliant was a substitute,it is now discontinued and last cost was 26$ jug.

Ridiculous…..

But still not as bad as what some are using…

5129CB29-E99F-4176-9DFE-E1AC53EF809C.jpeg

Yep, that’s an 8 oz jug of bh 209….

I guess that’s what it takes too kill a deer,
Especially at those magnum distances…

The plus side, it doesn’t require cleaning (according to some) and it’ll gut, skin and process your kill while you go get the truck….🤣👍

For $10 an ounce, it’s gotta be good stuff!
💩💩💩
🥴

$83 for 8 oz. isn’t bad if you only go to the range two weeks before the season and shoot 5 rounds to see if you can hit a pie plate at 50 yards using a 3-9 power scope shot through a plastic inline saboted bullet wonder gun. Then two or three shots during the season until next year. 😁

$83 for 8 oz. isn’t bad if you only go to the range two weeks before the season and shoot 5 rounds to see if you can hit a pie plate at 50 yards using a 3-9 power scope shot through a plastic inline saboted bullet wonder gun. Then two or three shots during the season until next year. 😁
And that is exactly how this is used and justified by the people who buy it.

Last edited:
Back