• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Southpaw percussion, Invest Arms and no other?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 54092

36 Cl.
Reaction score
Is Investarms the only game in town for a left handed cap lock? Yes, I have had a few of the right hand variety, but since having 4 surgeries on my right eye I'd like to keep the ignition source at a distance. My shooting eye is the only one without an oily sheen type o' sight. I was fortunate enough to have the retina in the right eye detach and not my shooting eye, so I'm a little gun shy at the thought of small explosions near my left eye.
I've been eyeballing the Investarms listed on Muzzle-loader.com and can't seem to find any other source.

Thompson center used to make em. CVA made em. Deer creek in waldon has all the stock and was selling em at friendship new for $290. Lefty flinter. I own one. Might ask em if they got one in percussion.

And now the hate posts of CVA blah will start up. You want to shoot in two weeks, here ya go unless you want to wait years for some. And some makers will not make a lefty because they are not period correct. They look down on left handed shooters as only folks eligible to have their left hand tied behind their back to make em a righty.

Mark Baker, noted author and authority on living history (re-enacting) told me himself, that although left-handed muzzeloaders were certainly historically uncommon, they did indeed exist.

Yes, left-handed guns, muzzleloaders and otherwise, are scarce; but they are out there. I currently have five left-handed muzzleloaders. Two of my left-handed rifles, a percussion and a flintlock, I made myself, not from any kit, but from parts that I collected. One other left-handed percussion rifle of mine was made for me by a friend. My fourth lefty rifle is a flintlock that I stumbled upon at a gun show and after some haggling, I bought it. My fifth lefty, another flintlock, is a .62 fowler that I bought "in the white" from Caywood Gun Makers and finished it myself.

So, there definitely are left-handed muzzleloaders out there. You just have to keep looking.

Back