• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

southern style with swamped barrel

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I agree. I have sold most of my centerfire collection to fund my new hobby. That being said. it's so much fun and I learn so much from building my own.
I always wanted to be an artist. here is a chance to creat beautiful things out of wood and steel/brass that actualy have a function..
The southern style.. NC, TENN,ETC has a simple eleagance that appeals to me.

Davy, I'll post some pics tomorrow. And remember you can't laugh it was my first! :grin:

Roy said:
Davy, I'll post some pics tomorrow. And remember you can't laugh it was my first! :grin:

I get enuff laughs from my own feeble efforts! :rotf: Just look at my bent-Burnt Renegade stock on another thread!! :cursing:

Davy

oldarmy said:
I agree. I have sold most of my centerfire collection to fund my new hobby. That being said. it's so much fun and I learn so much from building my own.
I always wanted to be an artist. here is a chance to creat beautiful things out of wood and steel/brass that actualy have a function..
The southern style.. NC, TENN,ETC has a simple eleagance that appeals to me.

Me too amigo! :thumbsup:

Davy

Here you go, but not a swamped barrel...

IMG_1751.jpg

IMG_1752.jpg

my first atempt at a poured nosecap
IMG_1750.jpg

That's a great nose cap.
I have a .45 cal getz "A" superlight barrel coming.
Thanks Mr Brook :hatsoff:
I know the southern style..Tenn, NC usualy had plain wood, but I would like to mount the barrel in a nicly figured piece of maple, and fully dress her with steel furniture, small siler lock.
I might go with cherry, it's a little darker. What do you think???

oldarmy said:
That's a great nose cap.
I have a .45 cal getz "A" superlight barrel coming.
Thanks Mr Brook :hatsoff:
I know the southern style..Tenn, NC usualy had plain wood, but I would like to mount the barrel in a nicly figured piece of maple, and fully dress her with steel furniture, small siler lock.
I might go with cherry, it's a little darker. What do you think???
You're welcome sir! :hatsoff: I've seen alot of original Tenn. guns in super curley wood so go for it! I'd ditch the small siler and go with Chamber's late Ketland lock. It's one of the best functioning and quickest locks on the market, and is correctly styled for your project.

great photo, and great muzzle cap. i've got similar one in the works with a Colerain 42" 'A' profile with radius groove rifling. the nice folks a Pecatonica sent me the prettiest hunk of maple i've ever held in my grubby hands, and i will eventually (i hope) make it as good looking as yours. i put a horn muzzlecap on my wife's, which came out looking really nice, if not PC.

make much smoke, be happy!

MSW

Back