• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Smoothbore Blacktail Buck

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nw_hunter

45 Cal.
Reaction score
Got to try the drop-in 62 GM smoothbore out today on an Oregon Blacktail buck.That big ball sure does a number on them. :grin: Broadside shot at about 45 yards, just behind the shoulder and about 10 yards later he was down.

Only one day left for elk, and I sure would like to get a shot at one of those big boy's with the 62.

Congratulations on your successful hunt!! Hope you get lucky with your Elk tag.

Danke schön! Kirrmeister, and "Thanks fellas"

I was really wanting to take an elk this fall with the 62, but you have to find one to get the chance, and didn't even find a fresh track.

I had a good time anyway, and was glad to score on the young buck.He will eat good this winter :grin:

Now I'll load it up with shot and go look for some grouse! Brad

Bill, we didn't get any pics in the woods, and forgot all about taking any until we skinned it out. Here is one shot of the head.I hunt with a disability permit,and this lets me shoot any deer. Nothing for bragging rights , but should be great in the skillet

The rifle is a plain Jane T/C with a GM drop in 62 smoothie. Brad

2009hunts011.jpg

Nice shooting....could you supply the load used for inquiring minds? Enjoy the Fall...Dan

Latest posts

Back