• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Another .62 Smoothbore Grouse Hunt

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I got out for a few hours this afternoon with my .62 smoothbore flintlock.
Blue Grouse with .62 Smoothbore Flintlock 011.JPG

I ran across an old cabin. There are a several of these within a few miles of this one. I always wonder about the stories behind them.
Blue Grouse with .62 Smoothbore Flintlock 143.JPG

Blue Grouse with .62 Smoothbore Flintlock 018.JPG

The birds were hard to come by today but I did take a blue grouse.
Blue Grouse with .62 Smoothbore Flintlock 249.JPG

Thanks for coming along!
Blue Grouse with .62 Smoothbore Flintlock 221.JPG

Last edited:
Interesting what you can come across sometimes. As teens a good friend and I found a sagging cabin with most of the roof gone. But lo and behold what was leaning in the corner but the remains of a percussion dbl shotgun. The stock was so rotted away that it was beyond help. The rust alone was sad to see. Can't remember what became of it but it would have made an interesting conversation piece.

Awesome pictures, your hunting grounds are beautiful. Congratulations and thanks for sharing your hunt with us.

Thank you!

Interesting what you can come across sometimes. As teens a good friend and I found a sagging cabin with most of the roof gone. But lo and behold what was leaning in the corner but the remains of a percussion dbl shotgun. The stock was so rotted away that it was beyond help. The rust alone was sad to see. Can't remember what became of it but it would have made an interesting conversation piece.

Great find! I always hope to find something like that in one of them but never have.

Me, Jonathan, and my oldest son hunt up in the Greenhorn Mountain & Wilderness for deer, elk, and Jonathan will hunt bear when and if tags are available. We came across a few areas that were just full of gouse, so now once our deer, or elk tags are filled, we hunt grouse with 20ga and 12 ga shotguns. It;s a lot of fun and we have found even more good territory to explore. Found several old cabins, completely destroyed by nature over the years, but we wonder what stories these old relics hold. Heading up there Tuesday.

Back