• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

small bore light

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

albert

40 Cal.
Reaction score
I finally found a small bore light that I saw several years ago.Actually,it is a light for a fishing float.The light is small enough in diameter to easily fit down a .22 size bore.Lindy fishing tackle is the importer of it.The one that I found has a red lamp on it,I don't know if they come in a clear or not. I tried it in my .32 cal.Bedford,and the bore showed up real nice.On the package the instructions says it willl last 20 hrs.of continuous service.the # on the package is LF110"thill nite brite"

I found one that was for actual barrel inspection. Boy it sure is a tattle tale for getting that barrel clean isn't it. It's the last thing I do once I think it's clean.......then I redo....but that's ok, it brings me closer to my rifles and pistols. What do you clean your BP with?

Albert,

Thanks for the great info. A quick visit to the Lindy website shows that they stock the lights in red, yellow and green. I've never seen bore lights in a diameter this small.

I've tried the green and the red. I don't care for them.
I use a small white led light, that came with a utility tool.Works great! Just had to put a drop of white paint on the end of lens to tone it down some.It will fit in a 45 cal and up.

Cabella's has the multi tool. Around three dollars I think. Just remove the light, and still have the rest of the tool to use :wink:

Just goes to show you - there are devices right in front of our faces and we can't see them. I have a bore light for my larger bores but never gave thought to one off those bobber lights :( for the smaller ones. Thanks for the tip :thumbsup:

I have the same small light in both red and yellow. as shown above. Cost is $3.50 each. I pick up 2 at the Kalamazoo Mi. spring living history show. They advertise them for fitting 25 cal and up. lasts for 20+hours sold by Flintlocks,Inc. in Nineveh, In. 317-933-3441

The Possibles Shop sells a little battery powered LED unit that fits mid size bores and up. I think .40 or .45. It's a handy gadget alright. I hadn't seen any as small as the Lindy one though. That will come in handy!

Back