• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Single Shot Percussion Target Pistols

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
John, I'm also a free pistol shooter. The best pistol for you will be an Underhammer Billinghurst design. Look up Tilo Dedinski or Andreus Baumkarcher. Or for a cheaper option Feinwerkbay "History no. 1".

I have one that I built myself in .36 cal, it really is just the ancestor of the modern free pistol.

Richard Eames said:
I bought a pair in .36 and maple, nice workmanship, I had forgot about them.

Not sure how the grip would be judged, plow handle?

When I placed my order I was told six months to complete them, received them in a year.

I believe I got mine in 2-3 months, quicker than what they told me it would be. This was last year. Probably depends on how many orders are pending.

I received mine in 2016, but they were worth the wait.

They are good folks to business with, along with the English pistols, I have bought 3 other pistols from them.

Thanks for your clear definition of a saw-handle grip.

The NMLRA Rules AND Regulations says no saw-handle pistol grips are permitted, but the grip can be checkered. They need a clear definition.

Those are very impressive, but I must not be understanding this saw handle as those certainly seem to be meeting the definition of the term I have in my mind's eye.

Completely legal for MLAIC shooting. I'm not familiar with your domestic rules, by the sounds of it they wouldn't be allowed.

Smokey Plainsman said:
Although based off a military horse pistol my smoothbore Pedersoli made Harper's Ferry .54 "percussion conversion" is amazingly accurate with the right load.

Sanctioned percussion line matches consist of the following ten shot matches: 25 yards, 25 yards limited time fire and 50 yards.

A smooth bore has as much of a chance against a LePage as a Pinto does against a Corvette.

Photos of an amazing accurate target would be appreciated.

Amazingly accurate for what it is I'm sure :idunno: I have never shot a smoothbore pistol but cant see it competing with a rifled pistol designed for what it is too?

However, every dog has its day. AND I may be able to outshoot the next guy and his rifled pistol with that smoothie? I'm pretty good with a pistol....if he is not, well it'd be fun :)

Saw handle type pistol are allow at NMLRA matches, just not in " Kentucky" matches. Saw handle pistols have a real advantage over Kentucky pistols most people I know who shoot both rarely shoot near the same type of scores with their traditional pistols. I am not a pistol shooter by any mean, and my scores with a competition pistol is 5 to 10 points higher when using even my Patriot.

Michael

Back