• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Simple question…..

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I’ve never, ever seen a deer when it was raining. Not once. I did see a horse mosey by my stand once when it was raining but that was it. I gave up hunting in the rain after that time.
I hunt in timber country, and it is much easier to get close to deer in the rain. The rain helps keep the noise and scent down. It's a great time to hunt bedded bucks, if you know how to move slow and use your binoculars more than you move. Stand hunting would suck in the rain. The deer aren't moving much, you have to go to them.

I’ve never, ever seen a deer when it was raining. Not once. I did see a horse mosey by my stand once when it was raining but that was it. I gave up hunting in the rain after that time.
I've killed a quite a few deer in the rain. In fact, if I know its going to be raining, I get in my ground blind. I've also killed a few by walking slowly through the woods during rain.

I've killed a quite a few deer in the rain. In fact, if I know its going to be raining, I get in my ground blind. I've also killed a few by walking slowly through the woods during rain.
Hello. I have found the first shot, kept dry fires easy. However after that it's hard to keep dry I guess the wicking of the burnt powder is the problem. I've had to resort to the Bic lock more than once

Good evening, to All.
I started muzzleloading in 1998 for a couple different reasons.
Shortly after getting my fist gun, and reading how books,rarely find another Muzzleloader to learn from. Due to limited info readily available, I was convinced Percussion only, Conicals only.
How far from truth that is, I know that now. Over the years I thought about PRBs and Flintlocks. As far as PRBs and Flintlocks, I blame
The Muzzleloading Forum, it's their fault my addiction has grown. When searching for info on, how to do it, what to do, what not to do it. Goggle searches would always give me The Muzzleloading Forum....
What the heck it a forum? After sneaking in stealing info, you know what I mean. I figured it out. I liked it , I joined.
I seen most folks were eager to help others, seen some git hot and bothered, Typical for some.
I'm no expert on muzzleloading, the mechanics of it or the history of it.
I've learned a lot from trial and error, the internet, books, magazines, meeting that rare Muzzleloading Shooter, and thus Forum..
So thanks to all those will to answer any question, that's how we learn and grow.
I will continue to come here to learn, laugh, and answer questions if possible..
Also I've assembled my fist Flintlock, and shoot PRBs.

Simply Thanks to The Forum

Take Care Stay Safe

Fred

Good evening, to All.
I started muzzleloading in 1998 for a couple different reasons.
Shortly after getting my fist gun, and reading how books,rarely find another Muzzleloader to learn from. Due to limited info readily available, I was convinced Percussion only, Conicals only.
How far from truth that is, I know that now. Over the years I thought about PRBs and Flintlocks. As far as PRBs and Flintlocks, I blame
The Muzzleloading Forum, it's their fault my addiction has grown. When searching for info on, how to do it, what to do, what not to do it. Goggle searches would always give me The Muzzleloading Forum....
What the heck it a forum? After sneaking in stealing info, you know what I mean. I figured it out. I liked it , I joined.
I seen most folks were eager to help others, seen some git hot and bothered, Typical for some.
I'm no expert on muzzleloading, the mechanics of it or the history of it.
I've learned a lot from trial and error, the internet, books, magazines, meeting that rare Muzzleloading Shooter, and thus Forum..
So thanks to all those will to answer any question, that's how we learn and grow.
I will continue to come here to learn, laugh, and answer questions if possible..
Also I've assembled my fist Flintlock, and shoot PRBs.

Simply Thanks to The Forum

Take Care Stay Safe

Fred
Welcome to the dark side. We have cookies!

Latest posts

Back